This crow decided to take a break and go fishin'. He's easy to create and a great figurine to display in your home. Just grab some STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam and you can make this adorable guy in the straw hat.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Acrylic craft paint: black
- Felt: 5" x 7" gold
- Straw hat, 4"
- Grosgrain ribbon, 3/8" x 5" brown
- Craft feathers, three
- Wiggle eyes, two 6mm
- Chenille stems, four black
- Straw bale, 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" x 5"
- Twig, 12" x 1/8"
- Sunflower seed (optional)
- Miniature fishing creel
- Wood fish, 2-1/4"
- Wire, 3" length
- Awl, wooden skewer or sharp pencil
- Paintbrush with stiff bristle
- Thick, white craft glue or low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Straight pins
For pattern, click here.
- Paint cone black; let dry.
- Fold felt in half lengthwise; place beak pattern on fold and cut out. Cut out four pairs of hands and feet.
- Cut four 7" chenille stems. Knot chenille stems in center, forming elbows and knees; glue a pair of hands or feet to each end.
- Glue hat on tip of cone. Glue grosgrain ribbon around hat; glue three small feather pieces to ribbon.
- Glue on wiggle eyes and beak; glue sunflower seed in beak (optional).
- Using awl, skewer or sharp pencil, make holes for arms and legs, measuring up 1/4" from base for the legs and 3" from base for the arms. Place glue in holes and insert arms and legs.
- Glue crow and creel to straw bale.
- Cross crow's legs and glue foot to knee. Glue fishing pole to crow's hands and straw bale.
- Thread fish onto wire, attach to fishing pole.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.