Here’s a fabulous project from Krylon to turn an inexpensive plastic vase and glass candle holder into an expensive looking heavy duty stone vase to highlight your fall arrangements.
- Krylon Fusion for Plastic® Textured Shimmer - White Sands (#2524)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Metallic Textured Paints - Gold (#8260)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Metallic Textured Paints - Copper (#8262)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Textured Paints - Charcoal Sand (#18202)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Almond (#51506)
- Krylon Acrylic Crystal Color - Woodland Brown (#51298)
- Krylon Make It Last!® Clear Sealer - Clear (#18200)
- Plastic vase from craft store
- Flat glass candleholder (round or square) to compliment vase
- Flowers (your choice)
- Glue glass candleholder to bottom of plastic vase to add visual interest to shape and weight to piece.
- Spray interior and exterior surface of entire piece with White Textured Shimmer. This will give you a good base from which to start, a superior bond without primer and a safe paint for use on both plastics and glass. Let dry.
- Mist entire piece with one coat of Make It Stone! Copper.
- Mist again with Make It Stone! Gold with a light hand, letting glints of the copper base show through.
- Dull the metallic colors with a stonier speckle by adding a thin outer layer of Make It Stone! Charcoal Sand. Let dry.
- Add tone and depth by freehanding alternating vertical sweeps of color using Almond for the highlights and Woodland Brown for shadows. Let dry completely.
- For a long lasting durable finish and protection from the outdoors, spray several light coats of Make It Last! to seal your project. Let dry completely.
- Fill with your choice of flowers.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.