Using spray sealers, finish glazes and acrylics you can create this fabulous initial plaque. This is great to decorate any room especially a bedroom. This plaque is texturized and makes for great decorating ideas.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Elegant Finish Glazes
- DGM01 - Renaissance Brown
- Americana Acrylics
- DA269 - Foliage Green
- DA271 - Espresso
- Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- 3/4" flat brush
- #8 shader brush
- Foam plate
- Aleene's Tacky Glue
- 4" chipboard letter (We used Raw Alpha Lower/ item #866517.)
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Paper towels or soft rag
- Square wood plaque #363B (6 3/4" across base)
Note: When tracing over lines with glue, do not let tip of glue bottle touch wood surface. Lines should be followed with even, consistent flow as much as possible.
- Refer to photo and use pencil to lightly draw filigree pattern on top of plaque. Trace over pattern with glue; let glue dry completely.
- Use flat brush and Foliage Green to paint top of plaque.
- Use shader brush and Espresso to paint top and sides of letter and sides of plaque; let dry.
- Use lo-temp glue to attach back of letter to center of plaque. (If applicable, remove adhesive backing first.)
- Use flat brush to apply Renaissance Brown Elegant Finish Glaze over all surfaces, working into areas around sides of letter and over raised surfaces. Wipe excess off using dampened paper towel or rag. Let dry.
- Spray plaque with Americana Gloss Spray Sealer and let dry.