Decorative Yarn Globes
By: Pattie Donham Wilkinson for I Love to Create
These Decorative Yarn Globes from Pattie Donham Wilkinson for I Love to Create make for a beautiful and fun creative craft. It's a great way to add some new and whimsical decoration to your home. Pick your favorite colors and get ready to make a work of art!
- Aleene's® Turbo Tacky Glue™
- Disposable bowl
- Cellophane wrap
- Lightweight yarn
- Cover work surface with cellophane wrap.
- Pour Aleene’s® Turbo Tacky Glue® into disposable bowl and add a little water to thin glue, but not so much to make it too watery.
- Inflate balloon to desired size.
- Wrap yarn around hand lightly approximately 150 times and cut from skein. Submerge yarn piece in glue mixture completely. Pull out of bowl and squeeze off excess, making sure all yarn is saturated.
- Press one end of yarn with finger against balloon and begin to wrap yarn around balloon. Wrap around several time crossing over beginning yarn before releasing end. Continue turning balloon and crisscrossing yarn until you have desired coverage. The more cross overs the more stable your end product will be. When you get to the end tuck your yarn up under another piece. Add a little extra glue mixture to the heavy crisscross sections to help them solidly connect to one another.
- Set aside and let dry overnight.
- When yarn is fully dried, pop balloon and peel away from yarn. Clean up is a snap, just roll up your cellophane.