Paint a group of three Plasteel spheres with colorful flowers for a beautiful accent in any room. Arrange on a mantel or in a shallow bowl in the center of table.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO11 - Lemon Yellow (transparent)
- DAO19 - Berry Red (transparent)
- DAO36 - True Blue
- DAO55 - Kelly Green
- DA101 - Dioxazine Purple (transparent)
- DA132 - Hauser Medium Green
- DA157 - Black Green
- DA194 - Marigold
- DA212 - Deep Periwinkle
Faux Glazing Medium
- DS18 - Faux Glazing Medium
- DBR2004-B - Round 4
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- 10 flat brush
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Foam sheet
- Plasteel spheres (assorted sizes)
NOTE: These balls are loosely painted without a pattern. The flowers don't need to be perfect; the idea is to create vibrant splashes of color.
- Use 3/4" flat brush to basecoat balls, one each as follows: Black Green, Berry Red, True Blue. Let dry.
- Black Green Ball: Use 4 round brush to pick up True Blue. Dip brush tip into Dioxazine Purple. Position brush tip on ball. Press down and pull toward you. Repeat with several strokes side by side to form a flower petal. Make five flower petals. Use brush handle end dipped in Marigold to place dots on flower center. Repeat with Berry Red. Use the same steps to paint remaining flowers using a combination of Marigold and Berry Red. Dot centers with True Blue and Dioxazine Purple. Use 10 flat brush to paint leaves Hauser Medium Green and Marigold. Leave some background color showing. Randomly make small dot clusters with Dioxizine Purple.
- Berry Red Ball: Use 10 flat brush and Marigold to make five short petals for each flower. Use 4 round brush and Lemon Yellow to make smaller petals between each Marigold petal. Dot centers with Deep Periwinkle and Dioxizine Purple. Repeat petal steps using Deep Periwinkle and Dioxizine Purple. Dot centers with Lemon Yellow and/or Marigold. Paint leaves with
- Black Green and Kelly Green.
- True Blue Ball: Use 4 round brush to paint small petals for various flowers with Marigold, Deep Periwinkle, and Berry Red. When dry, highlight Marigold petals with Lemon Yellow and Deep Periwinkle petals with Dioxizine Purple. Paint leaves with Hauser Medium Green, Black Green, and Kelly Green. Dot flower centers with contrasting colors. Let all dry.
- Sealing: Brush several coats of Faux Glazing Medium over entire surface of balls, letting dry between coats.