Decorative Bird Frames
By: Miranda Urry from Provo Craft
These decorative bird frames are easy to make and you'll love the end result. Beautiful cardstock is used along with an inkpad. This is perfect for a baby's room.
- Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter with Plantin SchoolBook and Accent Essentials® cartridges 
- Cricut® Straight from the Nest cartridge 
- Cuttlebug® Die Cutter and Embosser 
- Cuttlebug® Embossing Folder, Plum Blossom Set 
- Cardstock: blue, black, red spotted, green patterned
- 3 White frames, 5" x 7"
- Buttons: 3 assorted
- Yarn: red
- Ink pad: blue
- Foam squares
- Cut first bird. Using Straight from the Nest cartridge and black cardstock, cut one 3" <Bird1>. Repeat cut using red spotted cardstock and Layer/Shadow feature. Using blue cardstock, press Shift and cut one 3" <Bird1-s>.
- Cut second bird. Using black cardstock, cut one 2 ¼" <Bird2>. Repeat cut using red spotted cardstock and Layer/Shadow feature. Using blue cardstock, press Shift and cut one 2 ¼" <Bird2-s>.
- Ink edges of birds. Using Cuttlebug machine and Plum Blossom embossing folder, emboss blue layers of both birds. Layer birds together. Embellish using yarn and buttons as shown.
- Cut nest. Using black cardstock, cut one 3" <Nest>. Using blue cardstock, press Shift and cut one 3" <Nest-s>. Ink edges of eggs. Layer together. Embellish using raffia and button as shown.
- Place green patterned cardstock in frames. Adhere birds and nest to frames as shown using two layers of foam squares.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!