This striking centerpiece uses artificial fruits and leaves, but would be equally stunning made up fresh the day of a brunch or special holiday.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Ball, 6"
- Vase insert, or block, to fit container (see instructions)
- Container of choice, 10" tall
- Green reindeer moss, one bag
- Artificial fruit with leaves:
- Large lemons, eight; small lemons, 23
- Large pear, one; small pears, ten
- Blueberry bunch picks, 41
- Wooden floral picks, 2", 46
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Floral shears or wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Glue moss to entire surface of foam ball; let dry.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Glue foam vase insert or block into container; trim even with top rim. Dip ends of four wooden picks into glue; push halfway into top of vase insert. Apply glue to exposed pick ends. Center and carefully push moss-covered ball onto picks until it rests on top of vase; let dry.
- Use tip of knife to punch small hole into each lemon and pear, varying position of holes for more natural appearance. Apply glue to one end of remaining wooden picks and insert into holes in fruit; let dry.
- Using photo as guide, insert lemon and pear picks into moss-covered ball. Group three large lemons together on opposite sides of ball. Position small lemons and pears in groups of three as well. Insert some individual fruits to create balanced design.
- Fill gaps between lemons and pears with blueberry picks and leaves. Let some leaves drape down around top of vase.
- When pleased with arrangement, remove wooden picks and apply glue to ends before re-inserting. Let dry.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.