40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
There's a lot to love about decoupage and collage projects. They're simple to make and the possibilities are endless! This set of 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas features decoupage furniture, decoupage wood boxes and so much more!
Aside from the traditional decoupage crafts, there are decoupage instructions for unique projects like a magazine holder and a birdhouse, not to mention decoupage Easter eggs. There's even a tutorial that shows you how to decoupage a mailbox!
No matter what you're looking for, you're sure to find something that inspires you in this collection of fabulous decoupage ideas! Look out below for Mod podge ideas that you are going to love. From home decor ideas to simple jewelry ideas, these decoupage crafts are hard to pass by. Plus, scroll all the way down for some insanely helpful tutorial on how to remove decoupage as well as how to store your crafting supplies, making sure your decoupage materials never dry up.
40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
Table of Contents
If you can't get enough decoupage crafts, then you need to download a copy of our eBook, Quick and Easy Decoupage. This comprehensive (free!) craft collection is filled with fun project that you can make any time of year. Decorate items you already have or create something from scrath - the choice is yours. No matter what, the finished project will be eye-catching, interesting and truly unique.
Even though you can decoupage almost anything, decoupage furniture is by far one of the most popular mod podge crafts. These five decoupage ideas will help you put personal touches on your home accessories and avoid cookie-cutter decor.
- End Table Upcycle: Some old scrapbook paper and a little paint can instantly transform a side table into something artistic and fun! This colorful decoupage project is a great way to bring color into your room.
- Decoupage Dresser: Transform an old dresser into a vintage piece with this fun decoupage craft. This is a great way to use up old paper or try a stenciling technique.
- Patchwork Decoupage Chair: Gather up old paper scraps and decorate a chair with this fun and fabulous decoupage idea. This would be a great project to decorate a misplaced chair or your outdoor seating chairs.
- Penny's Bench: This is a great stepping stool for a bathroom or something to have by the bed for older people, pets, or younger children. This sweet bench also makes a great foot stool.
- String of Circles Bookshelf: This simple yet artistic book case is great for storing almost anything! It would also look great in a bathroom holding toiletries or extra towels.
If you are considering exploring one of the above decoupage furniture ideas, check our How to Decoupage on Wood for all of your need-to-knows and how-tos.
These are our favorite decoupage ideas for you to use around your house. From picture frames to wall art, learn how to decoupage cute home accents with these easy instructions!
- Wallpaper Pattern Wall Art: Do you have wrapping paper that's just too pretty to use? Put it on display! With this fun and easy tutorial, you can make elegant wall decor in minutes.
- Decoupage Bud Vase: Create a lovely vase for your spring and summer flowers with great decoupage ideas like this. This easy to make vase is also great for kids!
- Colorful Tissue Paper Frames: Help your kids make memories they'll never forget by framing them in these cute decoupage frames. This is also a great classroom craft for teachers.
- Friends Decoupage Frame: Have some scraps of paper? Assemble them together in a cute frame. You could also give this frame as a gift to your best friends.
- Awesome Comic Wrapped Decorative Balls: Lovers of the comic strips will love this project. These decorative balls would look great sitting in a bowl or even hanging from your Christmas tree.
- Reverse Collage Tea Tray: Bring your loved one breakfast in bed in this sweet tea tray.
- Quick and Easy Candle Holder Update: This is a great way to update candle holders you found at a garage sale or if you're looking to make a housewarming gift.
- Memorable Moments Photo Collage: Mod podge crafts are a great way to help you capture memories. Gather up your favorite photos for this thoughtful gift.
- Recycled State Map Magnets: If you want to learn how to decoupage but aren't sure how to get started, this is a great way to get started.
- Road Map Picture Frame: In just minutes, you can turn mod podge ideas into a reality. This project is fun for the whole family (and super easy, too).
- Mosaic Fabric Seahorse Canvas: Use paint and papers to bring this creative canvas to life. No matter the weather, you can pretend that you're at the beach.
- Easy Decoupage Frames: This reader-favorite is one of the top Mod Podge crafts out there. This project is quick, easy and super fun. Be sure to include a personal photo when you give this DIY gift to a friend or family member.
- Chic Coffee Tray Decoupage Idea: Learn how to make a DIY tray for your home, perfect for sipping tea on the couch or drinks on the back porch.
- Instagram DIY Coasters: Transform your favorite Instagram photos into home accents with this decoupaged idea.
- Sweet Decoupage Picture Frame: You only need a few inexpensive supplies to complete this project, so there's no excuse not to make one. Be sure to add embellishments such as rolled paper flowers to give your frame a one-of-a-kind touch. This is a great home decor craft that you can also give as a gift.
Fall in love with decoupage projects and discover how versatile mod podge really is. Download a copy of our free eBook, 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects, and discover why this is one of the most popular craft projects around. In this eBook you'll find jewelry projects, gifts and even crafts for the holidays. There's never a bad time to learn how to decoupage, so download a copy of this eBook and get to work.
Don't you just love when decoupage ideas are cute and functional at the same time? These Mod Podge projects will help you store your stuff while also doubling as adorable decorations!
- Decoupage Storage Bin: Perfect for books or yarn, this decorative storage bin is a great way to add decorative style to your craft room. These also look great in a kids room.
- Yarn Storage Box: Store your yarn out in the open with this cute and decorative storage box. Decoupage paper onto a wooden box for an easy and fun project.
- Magazine Holder: You can create color and style on your bookshelves, too, with this easy magazine holder project. Store all your great magazines and notes in colorful folders.
- Recipe Box Redo: This recipe box makes a great gift. Decoupage it with old family recipes or photos of well-loved family dishes to make a gift that anyone is sure to appreciate.
- Decoupage Sewing Storage Box: This storage box is great for organizing papers and maps. It makes a great project for dad, grandpa, or a hard to shop for brother.
- Fabric Floral Trinket Box: Women of all ages will love this sweet trinket box. You can use it for jewelry or to store keys and other nick knacks.
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel Notebook: Record your thoughts and schedule reminders in this adorable notebook. Learn how to decoupage and notebook and you'll never wonder which one is yours ever again.
Decoupage ideas don't have to be confined to the indoors! Make some unique decorations for your yard or garden with these decoupage instructions for outdoor projects.
- Wallpaper Decoupage Flower Pots: This is a great decoupage craft project for gardening fans. You could decoupage the pot with pictures of the flower growing inside so there's no guessing game as to which is which!
- Decoupage a Mailbox with Fabric: Have the most unique mailbox on the block with this fun decoupage project. Give guests a taste of your style by decorating your mailbox.
- Decoupage Spring Flower Pots: Bring the outdoors inside with this fun and bright decoupage project for kids and adults. These flower pots are great for Easter, but can easily be used to display colorful flowers year round.
- Garden Tote: This sweet and colorful wooden tote will make gathering fruits, veggies, and flowers much easier. Take this sweet basket with you into the garden for clutter free organizing and gardening.
- Decoupage Birdhouses Video: Don't forget to add some color and decoration outside your home, too! This cute birdhouse is easy to make and a great way to get the kids involved in crafting. Birds and all small animals will just love their new pad!
- Decoupage Flower Pot Crafts (Video): Learn how to decoupage on top of terra cotta pots to make the cutest flower pot crafts out there.
Create a memorable gift for the holidays with these decoupage ideas for special occasions. From picture frames to ornaments and everything in between, there are so many great things you can create using these decoupage instructions.
- Mother's Day Bird Frame: Celebrate the most important woman in your life with this sweet Mother's Day frame. A little bird embellishment makes this frame so cute and fun.
- Decoupage Holiday Ornament: This is a great way to honor those you love during the holiday season. Decoupage family photos on ornaments to create a one of a kind family tree!
- Be Mine Decoupage Canvas: Win over your Valentine with this decoupage canvas project. This sweet home decor craft makes an adorable gift for anyone you love!
- Floral Decoupaged Easter Eggs: These springtime eggs are a great Easter decoration. Kids can even get in on the fun by decorating these eco-friendly home decor ornaments.
- Decoupage Easter Eggs: If you like the all natural look of decorated Easter eggs, you're going to love this project. Decorated with real natural items, these eggs are great for nature lovers!
- Decoupage Holiday Plate: This decoupage project is perfect for handing over a nice plate of homemade cookies. Neighbors, friends, and family are sure to appreciate the extra work you put into creating these unique and personal cookie platters.
Free Craft Video: How to Make Your Own Customized Decoupage Coasters
If you've ever wondered how to decoupage jewelry, these projects will show you how simple it really is. This is just a short list of decoupage ideas for accessories, but there is really no limit to what you can create when you use your imagination!
- Decoupage Pendant Necklace: Keep your loved ones close to heart with this sweet charm necklace. This also makes a great gift for moms and grandmas.
- Spring Flower Headband: For beginning crafters, it doesn't get much easier than this. This spring flower headband is an easy decoupage project that's sure to get anyone hooked on Mod Podge!
- Dangling Decoupage Earrings: Can't seem to find the right earrings? Why not make your own? These dangle decoupage earrings are so fun and stylish. You can customize them to be whatever color you'd like and you can easily wear them with almost anything.
- Bright Color Bangles: Girls of all ages will love these brightly colored bangles. Mix and match designs or wear them one at a time to create a look that's unique and fun!
Now that you've seen all of the fabulous decoupage ideas that we've collected for you, you might be curious about different techniques and tricks you can do with this creative craft. If we've peaked your interest, below are some great tips and instructions for decoupage craft ideas that you should definitely check out.
- Mod Podge Basics + 10 Mod Podge Crafts: Learn the basics of decoupage and Mod Podge in this informative tutorial.
- Tie Dye Paper Towels Plaque Video: Once you've learned the basics, learn how to put them to use in creating cool and unique designs.
- How to Reverse Collage: Find out all about the basics of reverse collage in this easy to follow instructional guide.
Bonus! Helpful How to Decoupage Tutorials
Whether you are brand new to mod podge ideas or just need some help, check out these super helpful mod podges tips and tricks tutorials and full articles from the editors here at FaveCrafts.
- How to Remove Mod Podge - Whether you messed up a project, spilled your mod podge, or just want to redo a project, these helpful hints on removing mod podge are must-knows for any clumsy crafter.
- What to Do if Mod Podge Does Not Dry Clear - Mod podge is designed to dry clear, but sometimes it just does not do what it is supposed. This article offers some reasons why your mod podge may not be drying clear.
- How to Store Craft Supplies - This helpful how to store craft supplies tutorial offers some great suggestions on how to make sure that your craft supplies stay new and unspoiled.
If you had to decoupage one thing RIGHT NOW, what would it be?
Images from other crafters
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- Glass Jar Mod Podge Makeover
- Crochet Shell N Chains Scarf
- USA Mason Jar Knit Cozy
- Patriotic Mason Jar Crochet Cozy
- Mouse Hole Wall Decor
- Lacy Star Crochet Stitch
- Delicate Shells Crochet Stitch
- Charging Station Recycled Craft
- Double Seed Stitch Coffee Cozy