40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
By: Rachel Bernstein, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
There's a lot to love about decoupage and collage projects. They're simple to make and the possibilities are endless! This set of 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas features decoupage furniture, decoupage wood boxes and so much more!
Aside from the traditional decoupage crafts, there are decoupage instructions for unique projects like a magazine holder and a birdhouse, not to mention decoupage Easter eggs. There's even a tutorial that shows you how to decoupage a mailbox!
No matter what you're looking for, you're sure to find something that inspires you in this collection of fabulous decoupage ideas!
40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
Table of Contents
If you can't get enough decoupage crafts, then you need to download a copy of our eBook, Quick and Easy Decoupage. This comprehensive (free!) craft collection is filled with fun project that you can make any time of year. Decorate items you already have or create something from scrath - the choice is yours. No matter what, the finished project will be eye-catching, interesting and truly unique.
Even though you can decoupage almost anything, decoupage furniture is by far one of the most popular mod podge crafts. These five decoupage ideas will help you put personal touches on your home accessories and avoid cookie-cutter decor.
- End Table Upcycle: Some old scrapbook paper and a little paint can instantly transform a side table into something artistic and fun! This colorful decoupage project is a great way to bring color into your room.
- Decoupage Dresser: Transform an old dresser into a vintage piece with this fun decoupage craft. This is a great way to use up old paper or try a stenciling technique.
- Patchwork Decoupage Chair: Gather up old paper scraps and decorate a chair with this fun and fabulous decoupage idea. This would be a great project to decorate a misplaced chair or your outdoor seating chairs.
- Penny's Bench: This is a great stepping stool for a bathroom or something to have by the bed for older people, pets, or younger children. This sweet bench also makes a great foot stool.
- String of Circles Bookshelf: This simple yet artistic book case is great for storing almost anything! It would also look great in a bathroom holding toiletries or extra towels.
If you are considering exploring one of the above decoupage furniture ideas, check our How to Decoupage on Wood for all of your need-to-knows and how-tos.
These are our favorite decoupage ideas for you to use around your house. From picture frames to wall art, learn how to decoupage cute home accents with these easy instructions!
- Wallpaper Pattern Wall Art: Do you have wrapping paper that's just too pretty to use? Put it on display! With this fun and easy tutorial, you can make elegant wall decor in minutes.
- Decoupage Bud Vase: Create a lovely vase for your spring and summer flowers with great decoupage ideas like this. This easy to make vase is also great for kids!
- Colorful Tissue Paper Frames: Help your kids make memories they'll never forget by framing them in these cute decoupage frames. This is also a great classroom craft for teachers.
- Friends Decoupage Frame: Have some scraps of paper? Assemble them together in a cute frame. You could also give this frame as a gift to your best friends.
- Awesome Comic Wrapped Decorative Balls: Lovers of the comic strips will love this project. These decorative balls would look great sitting in a bowl or even hanging from your Christmas tree.
- Reverse Collage Tea Tray: Bring your loved one breakfast in bed in this sweet tea tray.
- Quick and Easy Candle Holder Update: This is a great way to update candle holders you found at a garage sale or if you're looking to make a housewarming gift.
- Memorable Moments Photo Collage: Mod podge crafts are a great way to help you capture memories. Gather up your favorite photos for this thoughtful gift.
- Recycled State Map Magnets: If you want to learn how to decoupage but aren't sure how to get started, this is a great way to get started.
- Road Map Picture Frame: In just minutes, you can turn mod podge ideas into a reality. This project is fun for the whole family (and super easy, too).
- Mosaic Fabric Seahorse Canvas: Use paint and papers to bring this creative canvas to life. No matter the weather, you can pretend that you're at the beach.
- Easy Decoupage Frames: This reader-favorite is one of the top Mod Podge crafts out there. This project is quick, easy and super fun. Be sure to include a personal photo when you give this DIY gift to a friend or family member.
Fall in love with decoupage projects and discover how versatile mod podge really is. Download a copy of our free eBook, 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects, and discover why this is one of the most popular craft projects around. In this eBook you'll find jewelry projects, gifts and even crafts for the holidays. There's never a bad time to learn how to decoupage, so download a copy of this eBook and get to work.
Don't you just love when decoupage ideas are cute and functional at the same time? These Mod Podge projects will help you store your stuff while also doubling as adorable decorations!
- Decoupage Storage Bin: Perfect for books or yarn, this decorative storage bin is a great way to add decorative style to your craft room. These also look great in a kids room.
- Yarn Storage Box: Store your yarn out in the open with this cute and decorative storage box. Decoupage paper onto a wooden box for an easy and fun project.
- Magazine Holder: You can create color and style on your bookshelves, too, with this easy magazine holder project. Store all your great magazines and notes in colorful folders.
- Recipe Box Redo: This recipe box makes a great gift. Decoupage it with old family recipes or photos of well-loved family dishes to make a gift that anyone is sure to appreciate.
- Decoupage Sewing Storage Box: This storage box is great for organizing papers and maps. It makes a great project for dad, grandpa, or a hard to shop for brother.
- Fabric Floral Trinket Box: Women of all ages will love this sweet trinket box. You can use it for jewelry or to store keys and other nick knacks.
- Vintage Decoupage Tea Towel Notebook: Record your thoughts and schedule reminders in this adorable notebook. Learn how to decoupage and notebook and you'll never wonder which one is yours ever again.
Decoupage ideas don't have to be confined to the indoors! Make some unique decorations for your yard or garden with these decoupage instructions for outdoor projects.
- Wallpaper Decoupage Flower Pots: This is a great decoupage craft project for gardening fans. You could decoupage the pot with pictures of the flower growing inside so there's no guessing game as to which is which!
- Decoupage a Mailbox with Fabric: Have the most unique mailbox on the block with this fun decoupage project. Give guests a taste of your style by decorating your mailbox.
- Decoupage Spring Flower Pots: Bring the outdoors inside with this fun and bright decoupage project for kids and adults. These flower pots are great for Easter, but can easily be used to display colorful flowers year round.
- Garden Tote: This sweet and colorful wooden tote will make gathering fruits, veggies, and flowers much easier. Take this sweet basket with you into the garden for clutter free organizing and gardening.
- Decoupage Birdhouses Video: Don't forget to add some color and decoration outside your home, too! This cute birdhouse is easy to make and a great way to get the kids involved in crafting. Birds and all small animals will just love their new pad!
Create a memorable gift for the holidays with these decoupage ideas for special occasions. From picture frames to ornaments and everything in between, there are so many great things you can create using these decoupage instructions.
- Mother's Day Bird Frame: Celebrate the most important woman in your life with this sweet Mother's Day frame. A little bird embellishment makes this frame so cute and fun.
- Decoupage Holiday Ornament: This is a great way to honor those you love during the holiday season. Decoupage family photos on ornaments to create a one of a kind family tree!
- Be Mine Decoupage Canvas: Win over your Valentine with this decoupage canvas project. This sweet home decor craft makes an adorable gift for anyone you love!
- Floral Decoupaged Easter Eggs: These springtime eggs are a great Easter decoration. Kids can even get in on the fun by decorating these eco-friendly home decor ornaments.
- Decoupage Easter Eggs: If you like the all natural look of decorated Easter eggs, you're going to love this project. Decorated with real natural items, these eggs are great for nature lovers!
- Decoupage Holiday Plate: This decoupage project is perfect for handing over a nice plate of homemade cookies. Neighbors, friends, and family are sure to appreciate the extra work you put into creating these unique and personal cookie platters.
Free Craft Video: How to Make Your Own Customized Decoupage Coasters
If you've ever wondered how to decoupage jewelry, these projects will show you how simple it really is. This is just a short list of decoupage ideas for accessories, but there is really no limit to what you can create when you use your imagination!
- Decoupage Pendant Necklace: Keep your loved ones close to heart with this sweet charm necklace. This also makes a great gift for moms and grandmas.
- Spring Flower Headband: For beginning crafters, it doesn't get much easier than this. This spring flower headband is an easy decoupage project that's sure to get anyone hooked on Mod Podge!
- Dangling Decoupage Earrings: Can't seem to find the right earrings? Why not make your own? These dangle decoupage earrings are so fun and stylish. You can customize them to be whatever color you'd like and you can easily wear them with almost anything.
- Bright Color Bangles: Girls of all ages will love these brightly colored bangles. Mix and match designs or wear them one at a time to create a look that's unique and fun!
Now that you've seen all of the fabulous decoupage ideas that we've collected for you, you might be curious about different techniques and tricks you can do with this creative craft. If we've peaked your interest, below are some great tips and instructions for decoupage craft ideas that you should definitely check out.
- Mod Podge Basics + 10 Mod Podge Crafts: Learn the basics of decoupage and Mod Podge in this informative tutorial.
- Tie Dye Paper Towels Plaque Video: Once you've learned the basics, learn how to put them to use in creating cool and unique designs.
- How to Reverse Collage: Find out all about the basics of reverse collage in this easy to follow instructional guide.
Bonus! New Decoupage Craft Project
Sweet Decoupage Picture Frame: You only need a few inexpensive supplies to complete this project, so there's no excuse not to make one. Be sure to add embellishments such as rolled paper flowers to give your frame a one-of-a-kind touch. This is a great home decor craft that you can also give as a gift.
If you had to decoupage one thing RIGHT NOW, what would it be?
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beachy Driftwood DIY Wreath
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas, Paper Crafts, and More
- 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
- Scrabble Inspired DIY Wall Art
- Bohemian Stamped DIY Pillow
- Super Simple Etched Mason Jar
- Simple Paper Clip Florals DIY Recycled Crafts
- "Quick and Easy Decoupage" eBook from Plaid
- Top 20 Craft Ideas for Seashells
- 17 Free Birdhouse Designs
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques