19 Button Crafts for You and Your Home
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Adults and kids alike seem to find joy in button crafts. From vintage buttons to novelty craft buttons you can only find in unique thrift stores, there's nothing a fun button can't improve! With this great collection of 19 Button Crafts for You and Your Home, you'll find some great ideas on how to decorate with buttons...and even how to make customized buttons of your own!
Decorating with assorted buttons is easy with our great selection of decorative projects. This Cute as a Button Topiary, for example, is easy to make and fun to show off! The best thing about button crafts like this is that they double as storage for your sewing needles and cute sewing buttons!
Button crafts are also great for adding some style to your wardrobe. From jewelry to apperal, novelty craft buttons can really add charm and style to your clothing. This Bold Button Water Bottle Bracelet is a great way to show off your collection of unique sewing buttons, plus it's eco-friendly! Reuse empty water bottles and show off your cool sewing buttons all at the same time. Now that's fashion sense!
Having trouble finding just the right decorative buttons for your button crafts? Try making your own! Custom made buttons are easy to create and fun to add to your jewelry and clothing. These Glittery Buttons will help add jazz and sparkle to almost anything...and you can make these decoraive buttons for crafts or to wear on your clothing.
Button crafts are perfect if you want to add some unique style to your home decor. You can find lots of cool sewing buttons and large decorative buttons in your local craft stores and thrift stores. And don't be scared to mix and match colors! Button crafts look great when you use plastic craft buttons of all shapes and colors!
19 Button Crafts for You and Your Home Table of Contents
Decorating with assorted buttons is fun and easy! From frames to pillows, cool sewing buttons can really add a special and unique touch to your decor. These button crafts will help you turn any mundane object into something fun and artsy!
- Beaded Button Box: Novelty craft buttons are great for decorating boxes and gift packages. Button crafts, like this Beaded Button Box, are great for storing little sewing items or giving a gift of more assorted craft buttons to one of your crafty friends!
- Bright Button Flowers: This colorful group of assorted craft buttons is just the thing to help you bring some spring into your home! These flowers are easy to make and require no water or sun!
- Button Candle Favors: Decorative buttons make great embellishments on almost everything. These Button Candles are excellent wedding or baby shower favors, and the cute little button is just the right touch.
- Button Cube: Button crafts make great decor items for every room in your house. This artistic button cube is a fun way to use up some leftover assorted buttons that you have lying around.
- Buttons Mirror Frame: This funky and colorful mirror is completely covered with decorative buttons! Button crafts like this make great gifts and look stunning hanging on a wall in your living room or craft room.
- Cute as a Button Nightlight Shade: Make a beaded lampshade for a nightlight, without any sewing. The secret's in the double-sided tape. By day it will look elegant and decorative, and by night it will light the way in a darkened room. This design makes a great gift, home decor, or finished product to sell at a craft fair.
- Decorative Ruffles n' Buttons Pillow: This Decorative Ruffles n' Buttons Pillow would look striking on a black or white couch! Easy free sewing projects like this are great weekend craft ideas or fun gifts to make for family and friends!
- Felt and Button Decorative Ball: Here's a great way to show off all of your cool sewing buttons! This decorative ball would make a cute ornament come Christmastime, or you can gather them in a large bowl and display these cute button crafts year round!
- Fluffy Tutu and Button Wall Art: Little dancers and ballerinas alike will love this button wall art! You can use unique sewing buttons or fun handmade buttons to acheive the look of this perfect princess art piece!
- Colorful Repurposed Clock: How cool is this clock? By using fun embellishment buttons and other small items in your stash, you can create a one of a kind clock that will be a joy to wake up to every morning!
- Cute as a Button Topiary: Button tree crafts, like this Cute as a Button Topiary, would be a great addition to any home decor. The great thing about topiary crafts like this is that it also works as a way to store your buttons!
Button crafts aren't just for adding flair to your home decor, you could also use them to jazz up your own accessories! From bracelets to tank tops, novelty craft buttons are great additions to help you add some texture and style to your favorite outfits.
- Bling Button Bracelets: Make these bling button bracelets using buttons you already have around the house. It's so easy to be fashionable with these free button crafts. This would be a fun craft to make for girls' night in!
- Bold Button Water Bottle Bracelet: Wear your personality on your sleeve! A Bold Button Water Bottle Bracelet makes a big statement at a low cost. Use an empty water bottle as your base and dip into your stash of unique sewing buttons - it's that easy!
- Funky Button Tank: Decorative buttons are great to use for this tank top craft. Attach cute sewing buttons to a solid colored tank for something you'll love to show off all year round!
- Vintage Inspired Blooms and Buttons Necklace: If you have a stockpile of decorative buttons for crafts, this is a great project to do to help you weed through them! This blooms and buttons necklace would look great with almost anything, from a little black dress to a tee shirt and jeans!
- Crochet Neck Warmer: The neutral color of this crochet neck warmer allows you the freedom to jazz it up with large decorative buttons! Use three small cheap buttons or one fun large one to add some color!
If you can't find just the right button for your button crafts, try making your own! Customized buttons are a great way to add your own personal touch to everything from clothing to artwork.
- Lacy Crochet Button: Covered buttons are easy and fun to make. These lacy crochet buttons are a great addition to a lightweight sweater.
- Glittery Buttons: Make glittery buttons with loose gold glitter, and you can use them for a variety of different projects. Embellish with them or just put them in a bowl and admire their glittery goodness! These are sure to help you add some sparkle to your button crafts!
- Beautiful Clay Buttons: You can make beautiful custom made buttons from clay with ease! These customized buttons are great for all your button crafts, and would be great additions to your next necklace or earring project!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beachy Driftwood DIY Wreath
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas, Paper Crafts, and More
- Bohemian Stamped DIY Pillow
- 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
- Super Simple Etched Mason Jar
- Scrabble Inspired DIY Wall Art
- Simple Paper Clip Florals DIY Recycled Crafts
- "Quick and Easy Decoupage" eBook from Plaid
- Kate Spade Inspired Rose Bowl
- Top 20 Craft Ideas for Seashells
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques