20 Retro Vintage Crafts
By: Caitlin Kavanaugh, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Retro vintage is a big topic in the crafting world right now. Whether it's sewing a vintage-inspired brooch or crafting a scrapbook page using old family photos, any project that uses vintage materials will result in a classic creation that will stand the test of time. Making retro vintage crafts gives you the right to be messy - distress, burn, crease - do whatever you like to achieve a retro vintage effect. So, do you love all things vintage or vintage inspired? Then check out this great collection of 20 Retro Vintage Crafts for ideas that are a blast from the past!
20 Retro Vintage Crafts Table of Contents
Spice up your wardrobe with a vintage inspired piece of jewelry. Craft the chic looking Amber Rose Bracelet or make a distressed Beaded Photo Pendant to use for a necklace. Your friends will be even more impressed when they find out you made these retro vintage crafts yourself!
Amber Rose Bracelet: This beautiful gold bracelet is great for your fall wardrobe. Customize it to be any color you'd like, but these beads add a vintage touch that's always in style!
Beaded Photo Pendants: These beaded photo pendants are a great way to add some vintage flair to your wardrobe. These would look extra special if you could hunt down some old family photos to craft with.
Jewelry Display Board: Create a vintage storage system for your vintage jewelry with this easy display board. This also doubles as beautiful decor for your bathroom or bedroom.
Butterfly Inspiration Charm Bracelet: This cute vintage charm bracelet is great for women of all ages! The vintage charms add a sweet addition to your wardrobe.
- NEW! Chandelier Pendant Necklace: This handmade pendant is a great way to add some style and vintage fashion to your accessory collection. This is also a neat way to use up paper scraps that you love too much to toss! These elegant DIY pendants make great gifts and can often be made for less than $10.00.
Use vintage fabric to create wonderful retro designs. Even old pillowcases can be transformed into a stylish outfit for your little one with the Baby Sheets to Skirts project. If you have vintage buttons to spare, turn them into a fabulous brooch with the Scrap Fabric and Button Brooch tutorial. Add a vintage flare to whatever you wear.
Embellish a Pillow for Mom: Make these decorative pillows for you or your mom! With this soft vintage flare, you can add some soft home decor staples that really bring your home to life.
Scrap Fabric and Button Brooch: This cute brooch is a great way to add some vintage colors to your wardrobe. Attach it to a blazer or use it to add some color and texture to a purse or skirt. This is a great way to use up left over fabric scraps.
Baby Sheets to Baby Skirts: After your little girl grows out of her baby sheets, turn them into a cute skirt with this easy sewing tutorial! Vintage crafts like this are thrifty and fun, and an awesome way to keep clutter out of the house!
Bohemian Christmas Stocking: Decorating for Christmas is so fun when you do it with a sweet vintage touch! This easy to make stocking is great for hanging by the mantel on Christmas Eve. Filled with sweets and treats, this stocking makes a wonderful homemade Christmas gift.
- NEW! Bow Bag Sewing Tutorial: You can never have enough bags right? Especially with a free sewing pattern. Beccy from Wipster used scraps of upholstery fabric and an old pair of jeans to make this cute Bow Bag.
Vintage Label or Stamp Art: Turn antique stamps into coasters, tiles, or other neat home decor items. Put your collection on display for all to see with this unique DIY home decor idea!
Mom Scrapbook Layout: This sweet mom layout is great for Mother's Day or grandma's birthday. It's also a wonderful way to remember someone who has passed on.
Doily Vintage Angel Card: This angel card is perfect for any occasion! Any image can be turned into a vintage photograph with a few techniques and tools of the trade.
Bird and Text Collage Wall Art: This cute wall display is so easy to make! It's a great piece to hang on your wall and draw attention to a certain area of your house. Turn yesterday's news into today's newest thing!
- NEW! Around the World Paper Chain: Create a beautiful vintage decor item with this Around the World Paper Chain. Paper garlands like this look stunning in a library or reading room, and can also be displayed on a Christmas tree for a unique and whimsical look.
Vintage decorations aren't just for the house. Use the China Mosaic Topiary and Mosaic Bunny projects to create a retro vibe in your yard. The Distressed American Picnic Basket is just the thing you'll need to have a vintage day out in the park.
American Picnic Basket: Perfect for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, or just anytime, this picnic basket shows off your American pride as you dine on hotdogs and good ol' apple pie. This also makes a great gift for a soldier returning home from his tour of duty. Fill it with lots of yummy baked goods to help welcome him home!
China Mosaic Topiary: This mosaic topiary is an easy home decor piece that's great in any room of the house. Mosaic crafting is much easier than you think, and this is a great project to help teach you all about this fun vintage style crafting medium!
Mosaic Bunny: Here comes Peter Cottontail! Decorate your home indoors or out with this cute vintage bunny craft. Perfect for Easter and the beginning of the spring gardening season, this easy mosaic project is a great way to add a vintage touch to your garden.
Decorative Vintage Paper Wreath: This cute vintage paper wreath isn't just for Christmas! Use whatever image you'd like in the center of this beautiful indoor wreath and in about an hour, you'll have a wonderful decoration piece that's one of a kind in style and class!
- NEW! Bread Dough Rose: Whether it's cold outside or bright and sunny, a Bread Dough Rose will always bloom. Flowers crafts look great all year and don't require any water. Use vintage technique and create your own bread dough at home with Aleene's Tacky Glue.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
- 24 Craft Ideas for Seashells
- 17 Free Birdhouse Designs
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas, Paper Crafts, and More
- Herringbone DIY Painted Rug
- Chalkboard Mason Jar Vase
- Simple Paper Clip Florals DIY Recycled Crafts
- How to Decorate Clay Pots
- Create a Butterfly Haven
- 26 Gorgeous Butterfly Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts