17 Free Birdhouse Designs
By: Caley Walsh
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Decorate your home, indoor and out, with this collection of free birdhouse designs. These birdhouse crafts are fun to make and also make low-cost gifts for any occasion. You will find free birdhouse designs for fall, summer and winter in this collection.
17 Free Birdhouse Designs Table of Contents
- Easy Painted Birdhouses: Use your favorite color scheme to paint a birdhouse in bright and bold colors. Use this easy painting project for gifts or decorating your own home.
- Plastic Bottle Birdfeeder: Instead of sending more plastic to the landfill, turn a plastic bottle into a fun and functional birdfeeder crafted like a birdhouse. This is a great green craft for using the occasional plastic bottle.
- Checks and Stripes Birdhouse: Follow this painting technique to create a whimsical design on an inexpensive wood birdhouse. Use your preferred color scheme and use indoors or outdoors with Krylon Indoor/Outdoor paint.
- Clay Saucer and Jute Bird Feeder: Make an inexpensive bird feeder or bird bath with a clay pot saucer, jute rope and a grapevine wreath.
- Air Brush Birdhouse: This easy birdhouse is airbrushed with color, so it's easy to add stencils and fun designs to this decorative bird house.
- NEW! Junkstore Birdhouse: This Junk Store Birdhouse is cheap garden decor you'll be proud to show off! This handmade birdhouse is made with various odds and ends, giving it a unique look and a whimsical feel.
- Floral Birdhouse: This pretty birdhouse features floral image templates. You can use patterned papers to cover the roof and coordinate with your painted design.
- Home for the Birds: Create a cute home for the birds or make a birdhouse home accent with this easy painting project. Use coordinating scrapbook papers to cover the sides and roof of your painted birdhouse.
- Spring Bloom Birdhouse: Brighten up your home with this beautiful spring bloom birdhouse. Adorned with lovely pink flowers, this decorative craft is a great way to add some springtime color to your home.
- Autumn Birdhouse: This painting project creates a beautiful autumn birdhouse for indoor or outdoor home décor. Words spell out “Have a Happy Fall y’All.” A die-cut autumn leaf creates the central image on the birdhouse. Coordinating scrapbook papers cover sides and roof of birdhouse.
- Clay Pot Spring Birdhouse: Create your own birdhouse from scratch with a clay pot and foam sheets. This cute little birdhouse hides an air freshener. Covered with garden print fabric and floral ribbon, you can use this birdhouse for spring decorating or any time.
- Martha Stewart Summer Inspired Birdhouses: This collection of bird houses inspired by crafting sensation Martha Stewart are great for the summer. They're perfect for indoors and out and all the birds will love coming home to these colorful houses!
- NEW! Beautiful Blue Birdhouse: Bring the look of spring indoors with this Beautiful Blue Birdhouse Display. Instead of making one birdhouse, you can create three small birdhouses and attach them with a chain.
- Easter Egg Birdhouse: Paint colorful Easter eggs and flowers onto a pre-assembled birdhouse for a cute Easter decorating idea. A pattern helps you to create this painted birdhouse easily.
- Gingerbread Birdhouse: Decorate for the holidays with this unique birdhouse featuring snow texture and a red and green color scheme. Give birds a home for the holidays.
- Trick or Tweet Birdhouse: A wood birdhouse becomes a whimsical Halloween decoration with a bit of paint. This is great for an outdoor Halloween gesture. Acrylics and twinkles make this craft shine.
- NEW! For All Seasons Birdhouse: It doesn't matter when you create a For All Seasons Birdhouse. Start working on this project in the winter and display it in the spring or hang it up in your home before the holidays.
Craft Tips & Ideas for Outdoor Use:
- If you are going to hang your house outside make sure you use an acrylic paint that is weather resistant.
- Water based glues will not hold well outdoors. Use a glue gun or glue like E-6000.
- Keep in mind birds like to pick and pull at things so keep your embellishments to a minimum.
- I placed my house near the front door. Big mistake! The birds went crazy with the seeds and made a mess. I suggest placing your feeder as far away from your house asossible so you can enjoy them from afar!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 33 Fabulous Decoupage Ideas Plus 3 Helpful Tutorials
- Top 20 Craft Ideas for Seashells
- Textured Foil Bird
- 17 Free Birdhouse Designs
- Easy Rustic Mason Jar Decorations
- "Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart" free eBook
- "Quick and Easy Decoupage" eBook from Plaid
- 35 Pillow Making Crafts
- "Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor" free eBook
- "Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper" eBook
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers
- Vintage Basket Easter Craft Project
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket