36 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners
By: Melissa Conner, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create beautiful afghans, scarves, jackets and more with these 36 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners. Great for using up leftover yarn and practicing your crochet skills, these granny square patterns are fun and easy to create. Mix and match colors to create lovely patterns that can instantly transform your living room or bedroom into a colorful oasis.
36 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners
Table of Contents
If you like easy crochet patterns and want more to add to your collection, look no further than 25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns. This free downloadable eBook features a variety of free crochet patterns you simply can't miss. Whether you want to work on a big project or complete something quick and easy, you'll surely find the perfect project.
Beginner Granny Afghan: This simple granny square afghan is great for beginners and advanced crocheters alike.
- Crochet Granny Afghan: The twists and turns on this crocheted afghan make this design one that stands out among the rest.
- Millionaire's Afghan: There's not a color that's not in this awesome crocheted granny square afghan pattern! With lots of yarns and patterns included, this afghan is truly one in a million.
- Peppermint Candy Afghan: This lovely afghan is adorned with pastel colors against a white background...so it looks like it's made of colorful spring candies.
- Granny Square Crochet Afghan: Give your living room a little taste of southern comfort with this country-inspired crocheted granny square pattern.
- Granny Square Crib Afghan: This detailed granny square pattern can be made in any color combination, although the colors in this pattern make this afghan perfect for almost anyone's decor scheme.
- Denim Colored Granny Square Pillow and Blanket Set: This granny square afghan pattern also comes with directions on how to make a matching pillow. Liven up your living room with this lovely and decorative design.
- Starry Night Afghan: Colorful jewel tones against a black background make this granny square afghan a striking and vibrant addition to your home decor.
- Autumn Granny Afghan: Bold fall colors make this warm and cozy afghan perfect for curling up with by a warm fire.
- Weekend Wonder Giant Granny Square Afghan: This takes granny square afghan to a whole new level. This three-color weekend-wonder giant granny square throw is worked from the center out in one piece, so there are no seams to sew once you finish!
- Earth Tone Granny Square Afghan: This soft afghan also comes with a pattern to make a matching granny square pillow. Great for living rooms and bedrooms, this granny square afghan works up quickly and also makes a great gift.
Tis the Season Afghan: Crocheted in a simple granny square design, this Tis the Season Afghan is the perfect way to curl up on the couch as you watch your favorite Christmas movie.
- Christmas Noel Afghan: Small and large granny squares come together in this fun Christmas afghan crochet pattern. The holiday yarn colors in this Noel afghan are festive yet refined, perfect for any decor.
- Crochet Christmas Tree Skirt: Red, green and white give this tree skirt a festive look that will match your other Christmas decor. This is a simple and fun pattern that will help add a touch of classic Christmas to your tree.
- Ho Ho Holiday Afghan: This simple Ho Ho Holiday Afghan is a great way to help you count down the days until Christmas! Get started on this afghan in the spring or summer to make sure it's ready to go come Christmas time.
- Southern Cross Afghan: This southern style design is great for adding a down home country feel to your holiday decor this year.
- Vibrant Granny Square Tree Skirt: A crochet Christmas tree skirt is a challenging project, but the results will have all of your friends and relatives looking under your tree! Use your favorite color scheme to design a tree skirt that's durable and vibrant.
Granny Square Purse: This sweet purse is great for girls of all ages. A simple crochet pattern for beginners, advanced crocheters, or anyone who's looking for a new small tote to make.
- Granny Square Tunic and Matching Purse: Create your own top and matching bag with this stylish design. Great for women of all shapes and sizes, this top is flattering and figure friendly.
- Cute Crochet Book Bag: Use this cute crochet bag to tote books to and from the library or class. You can also use it to store an eReader on your trip to the beach.
- Floral Hexagon Bag: Create a cute back pack for you or your daughter with this easy granny square pattern. This also makes a cute purse or overnight bag for a little weekend trip.
- Patchwork Felted Bag: This cute purse is made of a variety of yarn colors, so it's great for any season. Use up all your yarn scraps to create this stylish and fun shoulder bag that you're sure to love.
If you're new to the world of free crochet patterns, never fear. Our free collection of 19 Easy Crochet Afghan Patterns For Beginners will keep you busy without causing stress. Learn how to make an afghan that looks great and feels awesome. These crochet patterns for beginners are perfect for anyone who's short on time but in the mood to craft. Grab your hook and get to work - there are plenty of beginner crochet patterns to fall in love with.
Colorful Granny Square Dishcloths: These bright and colorful dishcloths are a great way to add some color to your kitchen or bathroom.
- Easy Ombre Dishcloth: This simple granny square pattern makes a great gift for a housewarming party.
- Crochet Granny Square Scarf: Assemble several small granny squares into one long strip and wear it as a scarf, perfect for any time of year.
- Multi-Colored Granny Slippers: These cute crocheted slippers are made from simple granny square patterns. These slippers will keep your toes nice and warm as you work on crocheting your next granny square project!
- Flower Granny Poncho: This easy crocheted poncho is perfect for girls of all ages. It's a colorful and cute accessory for those cooler fall evenings and warmer winter days.
- Granny Square Crochet Jacket: Granny squares aren't just for blankets anymore! Assemble a collection of colorful granny squares into this bright fun jacket, perfect for spring and fall.
- Knit and Crochet Nature Hat: This warm knit hat is embellished with a simple crocheted granny square boarder, so you can combine two fun yarn styles into one project.
- Granny's Square Dishcloth: This crocheted dishcloth is basically a large granny square pattern. Create your own dishcloth in one color or mix and match colors to create a lovely kitchen accessory that's colorful and fun.
- Granny Square Apron: Using this crochet apron pattern, you can crochet squares and turn them into a delicate, flower embellished apron for an aspiring chef.
- Marigold Granny Square Tutorial: Use yarn scraps to bring this pretty square to life. The contrast between the yellow and blue is truly eye catching.
- Lily Pad Granny Square Crochet Pattern: This three-dimensional design is unlike anything you've ever seen. Use only two colors of yarn to complete this outstanding project.
- Crochet Hexagon Popcorn Granny Square: The textured look and unexpected design help this granny square crochet pattern stand out from the crowd. It also makes a great scrubby or dishcloth.
- Crochet Cat Granny Square: If you think something is watching you, you're right. Luckily, it's just this granny square pattern, which features eyes, ears and a nose.
- Mandala Popcorn Granny Square: The popcorn stitch makes this one of the best granny square patterns around. Use a variety of yarn colors to personalize your design.
Free Craft Video: How To Begin Crocheting
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Multi Color Granny Slippers
- The Only Crocheted Granny Square You'll Ever Need
- 36 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- 10 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners
- Owl Trio Crochet Pattern
- Pretty Crochet Doily Pattern
- 22 Summer Crochet Patterns
- Summer Lace Tank
- Pocket Hanging Storage
- Garden Party Hat
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- It's A Boy Light-Up Card
- Monogrammed China Plate
- DIY Felt Flowers
- Free Happy Thoughts Printable Coloring Page + Video
- Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern
- Ahoy America DIY Wreath
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint Collection
- Fabric Creations Paints and Block Printing Stamps
- Boye NeedleMaster Interchangeable Needle System
- How to Sew Knits Without a Serger