31 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create beautiful afghans, scarves, jackets and more with these 31 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners. Great for using up leftover yarn and practicing your crochet skills, these granny square patterns are fun and easy to create. Mix and match colors to create lovely patterns that can instantly transform your living room or bedroom into a colorful oasis.
31 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners
Table of Contents
Beginner Granny Afghan: This simple granny square afghan is great for beginners and advanced crocheters alike.
Crochet Granny Afghan: The twists and turns on this crocheted afghan make this design one that stands out among the rest.
Millionaire's Afghan: There's not a color that's not in this awesome crocheted granny square afghan pattern! With lots of yarns and patterns included, this afghan is truly one in a million.
Peppermint Candy Afghan: This lovely afghan is adorned with pastel colors against a white background...so it looks like it's made of colorful spring candies.
Granny Square Crochet Afghan: Give your living room a little taste of southern comfort with this country-inspired crocheted granny square pattern.
Granny Square Crib Afghan: This detailed granny square pattern can be made in any color combination, although the colors in this pattern make this afghan perfect for almost anyone's decor scheme.
Denim Colored Granny Square Pillow and Blanket Set: This granny square afghan pattern also comes with directions on how to make a matching pillow. Liven up your living room with this lovely and decorative design.
Starry Night Afghan: Colorful jewel tones against a black background make this granny square afghan a striking and vibrant addition to your home decor.
Autumn Granny Afghan: Bold fall colors make this warm and cozy afghan perfect for curling up with by a warm fire.
Weekend Wonder Giant Granny Square Afghan: This takes granny square afghan to a whole new level. This three-color weekend-wonder giant granny square throw is worked from the center out in one piece, so there are no seams to sew once you finish!
- Earth Tone Granny Square Afghan: This soft afghan also comes with a pattern to make a matching granny square pillow. Great for living rooms and bedrooms, this granny square afghan works up quickly and also makes a great gift.
Tis the Season Afghan: Crocheted in a simple granny square design, this Tis the Season Afghan is the perfect way to curl up on the couch as you watch your favorite Christmas movie.
Christmas Noel Afghan: Small and large granny squares come together in this fun Christmas afghan crochet pattern. The holiday yarn colors in this Noel afghan are festive yet refined, perfect for any decor.
Crochet Christmas Tree Skirt: Red, green and white give this tree skirt a festive look that will match your other Christmas decor. This is a simple and fun pattern that will help add a touch of classic Christmas to your tree.
Ho Ho Holiday Afghan: This simple Ho Ho Holiday Afghan is a great way to help you count down the days until Christmas! Get started on this afghan in the spring or summer to make sure it's ready to go come Christmas time.
Southern Cross Afghan: This southern style design is great for adding a down home country feel to your holiday decor this year.
- Vibrant Granny Square Tree Skirt: A crochet Christmas tree skirt is a challenging project, but the results will have all of your friends and relatives looking under your tree! Use your favorite color scheme to design a tree skirt that's durable and vibrant.
Granny Square Purse: This sweet purse is great for girls of all ages. A simple crochet pattern for beginners, advanced crocheters, or anyone who's looking for a new small tote to make.
Granny Square Tunic and Matching Purse: Create your own top and matching bag with this stylish design. Great for women of all shapes and sizes, this top is flattering and figure friendly.
Cute Crochet Book Bag: Use this cute crochet bag to tote books to and from the library or class. You can also use it to store an eReader on your trip to the beach.
Floral Hexagon Bag: Create a cute back pack for you or your daughter with this easy granny square pattern. This also makes a cute purse or overnight bag for a little weekend trip.
- Patchwork Felted Bag: This cute purse is made of a variety of yarn colors, so it's great for any season. Use up all your yarn scraps to create this stylish and fun shoulder bag that you're sure to love.
Colorful Granny Square Dishcloths: These bright and colorful dishcloths are a great way to add some color to your kitchen or bathroom.
Easy Ombre Dishcloth: This simple granny square pattern makes a great gift for a housewarming party.
Crochet Granny Square Scarf: Assemble several small granny squares into one long strip and wear it as a scarf, perfect for any time of year.
Multi-Colored Granny Slippers: These cute crocheted slippers are made from simple granny square patterns. These slippers will keep your toes nice and warm as you work on crocheting your next granny square project!
Flower Granny Poncho: This easy crocheted poncho is perfect for girls of all ages. It's a colorful and cute accessory for those cooler fall evenings and warmer winter days.
Granny Square Crochet Jacket: Granny squares aren't just for blankets anymore! Assemble a collection of colorful granny squares into this bright fun jacket, perfect for spring and fall.
Knit and Crochet Nature Hat: This warm knit hat is embellished with a simple crocheted granny square boarder, so you can combine two fun yarn styles into one project.
Granny's Square Dishcloth: This crocheted dishcloth is basically a large granny square pattern. Create your own dishcloth in one color or mix and match colors to create a lovely kitchen accessory that's colorful and fun.
- Granny Square Apron: Using this crochet apron pattern, you can crochet squares and turn them into a delicate, flower embellished apron for an aspiring chef.
Bonus! Here are a few more granny square crochet patterns for beginners, submitted to us by YOU!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 7 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners
- Fancy Retro Top
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- "25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns" eBook
- 30 Quick and Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Flower Embellishment Crochet Pattern
- 16 Crochet Ruffle Patterns
- A Tutorial: How to Crochet with Free Crochet Patterns and Videos
- 372 Easy Crochet Patterns: The Ultimate Crochet Guide
- "22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More" eBook
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie