Pretty Empire Waist Tank
By: Lion Brand Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The bodice and skirt of this pretty empire-waist tank are made separately for an interesting two-directional look. The bodice is crocheted side to side, while the skirt is crocheted in the round. This easy crochet pattern uses soft, lightweight yarn from Lion Brand Yarn.
- 910-146 Microspun Yarn: Fuchsia 4 balls (4, 5, 5, 6)
- Lion Brand Crochet Hook - Size H-8
- Large-Eye Blunt Needle
Size: Small, Medium, Large, 1X, 2X
Finished Bust 32 (34, 36, 38, 40) in. (81.5 (86.5, 91 1/2, 96.5, 101.5) cm)
Finished Length 23 1/2 (23 1/2, 23 1/2, 26, 26) in. (59.5 (59. 5, 59.5, 68.5, 68.5) cm)
Note: Pattern is written for smallest size with changes for larger sizes in parentheses. When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes. To follow pattern more easily, circle all numbers pertaining to your size before beginning.
18 sc + 16 rows = 4 in. (10 cm); 18 dc + 8 rows = 4 in. (10 cm). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
1) Top is made Bodice first. Bodice is made side to side. Underarms are worked after Bodice is complete. Skirt is picked up along lower edge and worked in rounds to lower edge. Tie is threaded through stitches below Bodice.
2) All stitches in Bodice and Skirt are worked into the front loop only. Work the last stitch of each Bodice row and the joining stitch of each Skirt round into both loops of stitch or ch.
Ch 105 (105, 105, 119, 119).
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across - 104 (104, 104, 118, 118) sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, working in front loops only, sc in each sc across.
Rep last row until piece measures 3 (3 1/2, 4, 4 1/2, 4 1/2) in. (7.5 (9, 10, 11.5, 11.5) cm) from beg, end with a WS row.
Shape Front Neck
Row 1 (RS): Ch 3, turn, working in front loops only, dc in first 34 (34, 34, 41, 41) sts; leave remaining sts unworked.
Note: Continue working in front loops only throughout Bodice.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn, dc in each dc across. Rep last row until Front neck measures 7 in. (18 cm), end with a WS row.
Shape Back Neck
From RS, skip center 36 sts along last row of sc, join yarn and ch 3, dc in last 34 (34, 34, 41, 41) dc across remainng sts of last sc row.
Next Row: Ch 3, turn, dc in each dc across. Rep last row until piece measures same length as Front neck, end with a RS row. Do not fasten off.
Row 1 (WS): Ch 3, turn, dc in 34 (34, 34, 41, 41) dc of Back neck, ch 36, dc in next 34 (34, 34, 41, 41) of Front neck - 104 (104, 104, 118, 118) dc.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in each sc and ch across.
Row 3: Ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across.
Rep last row for 3 (3 1/2, 4, 4 1/2, 4 1/2) in. (7.5 (9, 10, 11.5, 11.5) cm), end with a WS row.
Row 1: Ch 3, turn, dc in first 20 (20, 20, 23, 23) sts; leave remaining sts unworked.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn, dc in each dc across. Rep last row for 3 (3, 3, 3, 4) in. (7.5 (7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 10) cm). Fasten off.
From WS, join yarn in first free loop on opposite side of foundation ch.
Next Row: Ch 3, dc in free loops of first 20 (20, 20, 23, 23) ch.
Next Row: Ch 3, turn, dc in each dc across. Rep last row for 3 (3, 3, 3, 4) in. (7.5 (7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 10) cm). Fasten off.
Fold Bodice piece in half along Shoulders and line up lower edge. Sew side edges of underarm pieces to lower side edges of Back.
From RS, join yarn at center of underarm.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, work 144 (154, 162, 172, 180) sc evenly spaced around lower edge of Bodice; join with sl st in first sc.
Rnds 2-10: Ch 1, working in front loops only, sc in each sc around; join with sl st in first sc.
Note: Continue working in front loops only throughout Skirt.
Rnds 11-15: Ch 3, dc in each sc around; join with sl st in top of beg ch-3.
Rep Rnds 2-15 until Skirt measures 12 (12, 12, 13, 13) in. (30.5 (30.5, 30.5, 33, 33) cm). Fasten off.
Make a chain 54 (56, 58, 60, 62) in. (137 (142, 147.5, 152.5, 157.5) cm) long.
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across. Fasten off.
Weave tie through sts in first row of Skirt and tie in a bow. Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 7 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- "25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns" eBook
- Fancy Retro Top
- 30 Quick and Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Flower Embellishment Crochet Pattern
- Crocheted Bathroom Set
- 16 Crochet Ruffle Patterns
- "22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More" eBook
- 372 Easy Crochet Patterns: The Ultimate Crochet Guide
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie