Crocheted Jewelry Jar
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Using an old L'Oreal lotion jar, you can create this beautiful Crocheted Jewelry Jar from Susan Hamilton, perfect for storing your most precious jewelry. Great for at home use or for travel, this jewelry container is easy to make and perfect for girls of all ages.
- 1 empty L’Oreal Facial Moisturizer jar
- Crochet hook # F5/3.75mm
Yarns (dark sage / green and soft pink – Caron Simply Soft, 6 oz)
(sc) single crochet
(dc) double crochet
(sl st) slip stitch
Making a Pouch (Dark Sage / Green) 1st Row - Make 4 ch. Make 11 dc in 4th chain. Hide the excess yarn as you make the double crochets. Join in top of beginning chain 4. Result - 12 dc
2nd Row - Make 3 ch. Dc on the same sp. Dc on next dc. [2 dc on next dc. Dc on next dc] 5X. Join with sl st to beginning chain 3. Result - 18 dc
3rd Row – Make 3 ch. Dc on the same sp. Dc on next dc. [2 dc on next dc. Dc on next dc] 8X. Join with sl st to beginning chain 3.Result – 27 dc
4th Row – Make 3 ch. Dc on the same sp. Dc on next 8 dc. [2 dc on next dc. Dc on next 8 dc] 2X. Join with sl st to beginning chain 3.Result – 30 dc
5th to 6th Row - Make ch. Sc on same sp. Sc on next 29 dc. Join with sl st to beginning sc.Result – 30 sc
Change Yarn Color (Soft Pink) 7th Row – Insert the pink yarn into the hole of green yarn. Pull the green yarn to tighten it and tie both yarns to each other twice. Don’t cut the green yarn. Hide the excess pink yarn as you continue crocheting. Sl st on first sc and make a popcorn on same sp (Popcorn -- 5 dc and in same st, remove hook from fifth dc, insert hook into first dc from front to back, reinsert hook in fifth dc and pull lp through first dc to complete st). (Make a ch and skip sc. Make another popcorn on next sc) 14X. Make a ch and join with sl st to beginning popcorn. Result – 15 popcorns
Change Yarn Color (Dark Sage / Green) 8th Row - Join the green yarn and tie it with the pink yarn twice. Cut the pink yarn and hide the excess yarn as you continue crocheting. Make ch and sc on first popcorn. Sc on next ch. (Sc on next popcorn and next ch) 28X. Join with sl st to beginning sc. Result – 30 sc
9th to 12th Row – Make ch and sc on same sp. Sc on next 29 sc. Join with sl st to beginning sc. Result – 30 sc
13th Row – Make 3 ch and dc on same sp. Dc on next 28 sc. Join with sl st to beginning 3 ch. Result – 31 dc
14th Row – Make 3 ch and dc on same sp. Dc on next 30 dc. Join with sl st to beginning 3 ch. Result – 32 dc
15th Row – Make 3 ch. Dc on next 31 dc. Join with sl st to beginning 3 ch. Result – 32 dc
- Change Yarn Color (Soft Pink) 16th Row – Insert the pink yarn into the hole of green yarn. Pull the green yarn to tighten it and tie both yarns to each other twice. Cut the green yarn. Hide excess pink and green yarns as you crochet. Sl st and make 3 ch. 2 dc on same sp. Skip dc and sl st on next dc. (3 ch and 2 dc on same sp. Skip dc and sl st on next dc)14X. Join with sl st to beginning dc. Finish off. Result – 45 d
Make a Tie (Soft Pink)
Leave extra yarn for the tying of tassel later as you start making 70 ch. Don't cut the end yet.
Insert the first end of the ch alternately between 2 dc around. Cut the second end of chains leaving extra yarn for tying the tassel. Make a small tassel—make 3 rounds of yarn around your 4 fingers; remove from your fingers with your thumb holding it; then cut the ends.
Insert the 6 strands of yarn inside the hole of the second end of chains and center them. Pull the extra yarn to tighten the tassel and tie it twice around the tassel. Tie it more, if possible, to keep it from getting loose. Tie it more, if possible.
Make another tassel for the first end of chains.
Unloosen the first end of chains, insert the 6 strands, and center them.
- Pull the extra yarn to tighten the tassel and tie it twice around the tassel. Tie it more, if possible, to keep it from getting loose. Cut the ends of both tussles evenly. Pull the chains to close the pouch. Now it looks like there is a bunch of flowers in the center of the pouch. Tie a ribbon.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 22 Summer Crochet Patterns
- Light Crochet Shoulder Shrug
- Microspun Crochet Fantabulous Flip Flops
- Pretty Empire Waist Tank
- 12 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners
- Coraline in the Wine Country Crochet Shawl Pattern
- A Deep V Top Crochet Pattern
- Coral Bath Puff
- Net Stitch Camisole
- Denim Colors Granny Square Throw and Pillow
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make a Spring Wreath
- Customize Your Knitting Review
- Potted Faux Flower Craft
- How to Make Wedding Invitations and Programs
- Felt Flower Corsage Craft
- Donald Duck Inspired Shirt
- Stars and Stripes Solar Table Lamps
- Elegant Simplicity Crochet Necklace
- Quilted Book Bag Pattern
- Flower Brooch T-Shirt Craft