Cell Phone Case
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're tired of having your cell phone scratched up because it's just sitting in your purse then this crochet pattern from DMC Threads is great for you. Crochet this cell phone case to protect your phone.
- DMC Baroque Crochet Cotton (Art. 159) - 1 ball Ecru (MC) and 1 ball 800 Sky Blue (CC) or choose from any of the Baroque colors.
- Approximately 20 small straight pins
- Crochet Hook Size 8 (1.25mm)
Finished Size 3-1/2" wide x 4-3/4" high x 3/4" deep
Gauge 10 sts and 6 pattern rows = approximately 1"
Abbreviations beg = Beginning
ch = Chain
dc = Double Crochet
dtr = Double Treble
lp(s) = Loops
rem = Remaining
rep = Repeat
sc = Single Crochet
sl st = Slip Stitch
sk = Skip
sp = Space
st(s) = Stitch(es)
yo = Yarn Over
5dc-pc = 5-dc Popcorn
MC = Main Color
CC = Contrasting Color
Instructions Body of Case:
Foundation Row: With MC, ch 36, turn. Begin in 2nd lp from hook, work sc in back
lp of each ch. Turn. (35 sts)
Row 1: Ch 3 (counts as first st), * 5dc-pc in second st, dc in next st, ch 1, skip next st of row below, dc in next st. Repeat from * until last 2 sts, sk next st, work
5dc-pc, dc in last st of row below. Turn. ( 35 sts).
Row 2: Ch 1; work 35 sc across row, ending with a sc in top of turning ch of row below. Turn.
Row 3: Ch 4 (counts as first st and ch-1 sp). Skip next st, * dc, 5dc-pc, dc into
next 3 sts of row below, ch 1, sk next st. Rep from * to end of row, ending with dc in last st of row below. Turn.
Row 4: Rep Row 2, ending with 2 sc in top of turning ch of row below.
Rows 5-62: Rep Rows 1 to 4 ending with a Row 2. Note: Mark Rows 31 and 32 for gusset. Fasten off. Do not turn.
Row 1: For turning row of flap, attach CC to beg of Row 2 just completed.
Working in front lps only, work 35 sc across row .
Rows 2 and 3: Work Rows 1 and 2 of pattern. (35 stitches)
Flap Decrease Rows:
Row 4: To dec 2 sts at end of row, work pattern Row 3 until 3 sts rem, yo, pull a lp through next st of row below, yo, pull a lp through first 2 lps on hook, skip next st, yo twice, pull a lp through last st of row, (yo, pull a lp through first 2 lps on hook) twice, yo, pull a lp through 3 rem lps on hook. Turn. (31 sts.)
Row 5: Ch 1, work sc across row. Note: To dec 2 sts at beg of each row, do not work turning ch.
Rows 6-27: Rep rows 4 and 5. Turn. (3 sts)
Ch 4, skip next st, and dtr in last st. Fasten off.
With wrong side facing, attach CC to base of Row 31 on one side of body. Work 3 sc evenly spaced across side edge, ending with last st in base of Row 32. Turn.
Gusset Row 1: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch-1 sp), dc in last sc of row below. Turn.
Gusset Row 2: Ch 1, sc in each st of row below (working one sc into dc and 2 sc into turning ch of row below). Turn.
Gusset Row 3: Ch 3, 5dc-pc into next st, dc into last st. Turn.
Gusset Row 4: Ch 1, sc in each st of row below (working sc into dc, 5dc-pc, and turning ch of row below).
Gusset Rows 5-34: Repeat Rows 1-4, ending with Row 2. Fasten off .
With wrong side facing, attach CC to base of Row 31 on other side of body. Work
3 sc evenly spaced across side edge, ending with last st in base of Row 32. Turn.
Gusset Rows 1-34: Work same as First Gusset.
Fold front of body so beg edge matches bottom of flap, and pin sides of gussets to front and back body edges. Attach MC to lower-right corner of back. Holding body and gusset edges together, join side edges by working sc evenly spaced through both layers, being careful to match exactly corresponding rows. At top of first gusset, continue working evenly spaced sc along side of single layer of flap, 10 to 12 sc around button lp, and continue sc up second side of flap.
Continue joining gusset to left-back panel, 3 sc across bottom edge of gusset, up left front side (continuing to join front and gusset edges), across front edge (bottom of foundation row), down right front side (continuing to join front and gusset edges), ending with 3 sc across the bottom edge of second gusset. Join edging row with a sl st in first sc, ch 1, do not turn. Work a second row of sc into sc of row just completed, ending with a sl st in first sc. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
With CC, leaving 8” tail, make a slip knot, ch 5, and join with sl st to form ring; ch 3, 23 dc into ring, working sts over tail. Join with sl st in first dc.
Ch 1, * yo and pull a lp through next 2 sts, yo, pull lp through all 3 lps on hook; repeat from * until all sts have been worked. Fasten off, leaving 6" tail. Thread tail into tapestry needle, and baste together the sts remaining on last row; simultaneously, tightly pull beg tail to close the beg ring, stuff remaining beg tail into center of button. Fold flap over, mark button position on front side. Leaving thread on needle, use remaining end to sew button to front just under button loop.
Fasten off. Weave in thread ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 7 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners
- 372 Easy Crochet Patterns: The Ultimate Crochet Guide
- "25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns" eBook
- 30 Quick and Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Mermaid Ornament
- 16 Crochet Ruffle Patterns
- A Tutorial: How to Crochet with Free Crochet Patterns and Videos
- Flower Embellishment Crochet Pattern
- "22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More" eBook
- Lace Top Christmas Stocking
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie
- Purrfect Winter Beanie