16 Crochet Ruffle Patterns
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Once you learn how to crochet a ruffle, you'll want to start putting them on everything! Ruffles are actually very simple to crochet, and you can pick up the technique very quickly. Crochet ruffles add texture and dimension to your projects, as well as some visual interest and general cuteness! Ruffles look great on crochet wraps and shawls patterns, crochet purses, crochet scarves...pretty much anything can benefit from a ruffle! Check out this collection of cool patterns that feature crochet ruffles.
16 Crochet Ruffle Patterns Table of Contents
Looking for a free crochet ruffle scarf pattern? Try these neck warmers on for size! Potato chip scarves are full of ruffly goodness and just like potato chips, you can't stop at just one. Learn how to make a crochet ruffle, then make one (or two, or three, or...) of these beautiful, textured ruffle scarves. A handmade scarf has never looked so good.
- Double the Fun Potato Chip Scarf: Get twice as much fun from your fashion scarf pattern in this Double the Fun Potato Chip Scarf from Red Heart Yarn. Easy crocheted scarf patterns can look quite impressive! Mix and match colors to create a scarf for every outfit.
- Fluffy Ruffle Potato Chip Scarf: Fashion scarves are the perfect accessory for fall, and with this Fluffy Ruffle Potato Chip Scarf, you're sure to keep warm and dress to impress! Even with a beginner's knowledge you can crochet fashion scarves for you and all your friends!
- Cascading Potato Chip Scarf: This feminine Cascading Potato Chip Scarf from Red Heart Yarn is a great way to learn to crochet. Fashion scarves like this complement almost any outfit and are perfect for any season. Mix and match colors to create scarves for all your friends.
- Classic Potato Chip Scarf: Crocheting the potato chip scarf from Lion Brand Yarn is just like eating potato chips--you can't make just one! Make a bunch of these free crochet scarf patterns to give as Christmas gifts, but don't forget to make one for yourself.
These purses are quite literally covered in rows and rows of ruffles. A crochet ruffle purse is a great way to inject some femininity into your look while still having the practicality of an expandable bag. These patterns might be a bit more difficult, but if you're confident in your bag-making skills, why not practice making crochet ruffles with these intermediate patterns?
- Ruffle Purse: Feminine ruffles circle the bag in this bohemian-chic crochet purse pattern. This easy crochet purse in eco-friendly yarn would make a great gift for an environmentalist friend.
- Formal Ruffle Purse: Crochet a formal purse for your evenings out on the town with this intermediate purse crochet pattern. This formal purse features a ruffle flap and stylized strap.
Here are some easy crochet projects for kids' clothes and accessories, all covered in ruffles! Ruffles are especially adorable on children and babies, so make one of everything. You can add ruffles to a baby blanket, a skirt, a jacket, or even a diaper cover. Crochet ruffle projects for kids make great gifts for birthdays and baby showers too.
- Ruffle Capelet: This free girl's crochet pattern creates an adorable capelet with layers of lacy ruffles. Any little girl would love this sweet and colorful way to keep warm.
- Ruffle Bottomed Baby Girl Soakers: These Ruffle-Bottomed Baby Girl Soakers are so cute, you'll want to crochet one in every color! Learn how to make diaper covers with these easy instructions from Red Heart Yarn, and then show off your adorable crocheted diaper covers to all of your friends!
- Strawberry Truffles Skirt: The Strawberry Truffles skirt is a cute crochet baby skirt pattern made with rows of adorable crocheted ruffles! This free crochet pattern makes a great gift for a baby or little girl.
- Baby Ruffle Hat: This baby hat crochet pattern creates a sweet cap with ruffle trim around the edge. The hat can be adjusted to fit babies from 6 months to 24 months. Free crochet baby patterns help you to save money on baby shower gifts, or to welcome the newest member of the family.
- Ruffled Baby Blanket: Make an easy crochet blanket for your little baby this Easter. The colors are nice and pastel perfect for the occasion. An H hook is used with Red Heart yarn.
- NEW! Ruffled Bubblegum Crocheted Baby Blanket: With a sweet ruffled border that surrounds the entire blanket, this cute crocheted baby afghan is one that is sure to last for years to come!
Wrap yourself in a handmade jacket or cardigan featuring a flirty ruffle design. Ruffles aren't just for kids, and if you make them looser and use them sparingly, they look great on adults too. Add some whimsy and playfulness to your wardrobe with crochet ruffle patterns.
- Ruffled Crochet Cardigan: Make a ruffled crochet cardigan using this free crochet sweater pattern and you'll be warm and trendy when the weather gets cold. This pattern shows you how to make a stretchy, lacy, ruffled cardigan.
- Ruffle Jacket: Learn how to crochet a ruffle jacket and you'll feel stylish every time you wear it. This free crochet pattern even comes with instructions for crocheting a belt that matches your sweater.
- Lacy Ruffle Cardigan: Create an elegant cardigan for work or play with this intermediate cardigan crochet pattern. This crochet pattern features the V-stitch, an open lace trim and bone rings for cardigan closure.
- Deep-V Flourish Sweater: This intermediate crochet pattern creates a sweater jacket with ruffles all around the hems. This crochet sweater jacket is lovely in a bright yarn color of sage.
Bonus! We love ruffles so much that we've decided to include a few sewn ruffle patterns! Here are our favorites:
- 20 Minute Ruffle Dress: This sweet dress is easy and quick to make, and is perfect for little girls of all ages.
- Cascading Ruffles Pillow: Add some texture to your decor with this Cascading Ruffles Pillow. Pillow patterns like this look great in the living room or bedroom, and they're perfect for reinventing your decor.
- Decorative Ruffles n' Buttons Pillow: Perfect for Halloween, this Ruffles n' Buttons Pillow is a great way to use up leftover ribbons and buttons. These pillows are just the thing to add color and fun texture to your living room.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lacy Star Crochet Stitch
- Delicate Shells Crochet Stitch
- Charging Station Recycled Craft
- Double Seed Stitch Coffee Cozy
- World Traveler DIY Magnet Board
- Anchors Away Crochet Bag
- Suzette Modern Crochet Tote
- Rustic DIY Pumpkins
- Vintage Santa DIY Pillow
- Vintage Christmas Santa Board