28 Unusual, Unforgettable, and Unique Crochet Patterns
By: Lani Rush for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This collection of 28 Unusual, Unforgettable, and Unique Crochet Patterns features all the best of those quirky free unique crochet patterns that stick in your mind. Why not give in and try some of these crazy yet easy patterns to crochet? Afghans and sweaters are fun and beautiful, but these free hat crochet patterns, baby projects and bags will break you out of your routine and spice things up a bit. Each of these unique crochet patterns serves a different purpose and offers a new challenge.
We've divided these easy patterns to crochet into three categories to help you navigate them: wearables, baby patterns and bags. Some of our selections are unconventional and some are unexpected but all are just plain cute. Explore these categories and be a little adventurous or silly as you pick your next crochet project.
Don't be afraid to get a little adventurous with these funky crochet patterns. Make them for yourself, your friends, or your kids or grandkids. You'll be endlessly inspired by this wonderful list of easy crochet patterns.
If you enjoyed this list, you'll also be sure to find something in 21 Crochet Shawl Patterns How to Crochet a Poncho.
Table of Contents
- Crochet Ring Pattern- Big rings are all the rage right now, but no store-bought ring could be cooler than this handmade bauble. It's quick to make and fun to wear--what could be better than simple crochet patterns like this?
- Crazy Monster Eyes Slippers- These adorable eyeball slippers are made for adults, but it's your kids who will really love when you wear them. Dance around so the eyeballs bob and watch your kids smile and laugh. These slippers offer so much potential for creativity and imagination, you'll really be missing out if you skip it.
- Paradores Infinity Scarf- You'll adore this homemade scarf! It's got all the charm of a typical scarf, but with some extra pizzazz. The scarf is looped so that it hangs beautifully and shows a lot of personality.
- Crochet Daisy Flip-Flops- Your feet will never feel prettier than they will when you slip on these sweetly embellished flip flops. This is a great opportunity to celebrate spring and you can get a pedicure to match!
- Avalon Top- Make clothing that's fierce and fashionable. While others would expect to find clothing this stunning in a boutique, you know too well that you can make your own by following simple crochet instructions.
- Crochet Flower Statement Necklace- This Crochet Flower Statement Necklace is the perfect addition to almost any outfit. These easy and fun crochet flowers can be arranged however you'd like, and this necklace is sure to spark some conversation when you wear it and show it off!
- Baby Crochet Monkey Hat- If you're looking for a free crochet pattern for baby, look no further than this creative wearable. Little ones will love heading outside with this stylish topper. It's perfect for winter.
- Debbie Duck Hat - Simple crochet patterns don't have to look boring! This hat sticks out from the crowd and is sure to get attention. Unique crochet patterns make the best gifts and a new mommy will love sticking this hat on their baby's head.
- Hand Puppet Scarf- We just love this precious scarf! Your little one's hands will stay warm because they won't be able to resist playing with the tempting tails of this kooky scarf.
- Crochet Baby Shoes- Sure, you've made baby booties before, but what about shoes? These teeny Mary Jane-style shoes are soft enough that they are easy to wrap around chubby little baby feet and keep them warm while looking grown up.
- Robot Baby Cocoon and Hat- Swaddle your baby in this inventive cocoon and you'll only wish he was big enough to do the robot. Enjoy this short time when you can dress them however you want and they can't do anything about it!
- Bath Friends Puppets- There's no need to worry about bath time anymore. This crocheted puppet patten will distract kids from that awful bath. Learn how to crochet these handy hand puppets and your kids might actually look forward to bath time.
- Crochtopus- It's hard to believe that you can crochet details this intricate. For an octopus lover in your family, learn how to crochet an amigurumi that your kids will love.
- Antonio the Frog- You can crochet this adorable frog using 100 percent acrylic yarn. Who says you can't have a frog for a pet?
- Baby Pea Pod Snuggly - What's better than a plain old blanket crochet pattern? A handmade baby snuggie! Kids will love throwing on the warm and toasty blanket and sliding their little arms in the sleeves. This is a fantastic winter pattern that will last forever.
- Sweet Baby Poncho - Active babies and confining clothes just don't mix. This unique crochet pattern is a great solution - kids can move their arms and run around without getting tangled up in heavy material. Simple crochet patterns make great baby gifts and this is ideal for a baby shower or birthday.
- Freddy the Froggy - Meet your child's new best friend! Spend some time working on unique crochet patterns and reap the rewards - this little guy will provide comfort and security on even the crankiest of days. If you need a free crochet pattern for baby toys, look no further than this fun and funky project.
- NEW Koala Baby Hat - This irresistibly adorable hat will keep your baby or grandbaby nice and warm and as cuddly as a koala.
- NEW Chicken Hat Crochet Pattern - This wee little hat would make an excellet baby shower gift. This is one crochet pattern you won't want to miss.
- Smiling Sunflower Bag- Picture this happy backpack bouncing down the street as its owner runs to catch the school bus. Adorable, right? Easy patterns to crochet can be so cute and versatile.
- Water Bottle Bag- Your hands full enough with kids at every turn; crochet this handy water bottle carrier and you'll be prepared when thirst strikes.
- Furry Cell Phone Holder- This cell phone holder isn't just adorable and unique, it's functional, too! The soft yarn will protect your fragile phone from scratches and damage. You can hook it onto a belt loop as shown or snap it around the strap of your purse for quick and easy access.
- Flower Striped Drawstring Bag- Thanks to this crazy crochet pattern, you can learn how to make a bag that's absolutely groovy. No need to dream about that flower power bag that you never got your hands on when you have easy patterns to crochet.
- Sunflower Beach Bag- Make a bag that's sunny and fun by following these incredible crochet instructions. Wherever you carry this tote, you'll be sure to receive tons of compliments. Crochet bag patterns this cute are worth all the work that go into them.
- Busy Bee Backpack- Children of all ages will love showing off their new Busy Bee Backpack during the new school year. Great for little girls and boys alike, this crocheted backpack is a very simple project, and makes a great gift for the little one in your life.
- NEW Envelope Clutch Crochet Pattern - This winsome crochet pattern will turn heads wherever you carry the finished product around. Enjoy strutting around in style with this cool bag.
- NEW Quirky Crochet Handbag - Look no further for a fun crochet project this this DIY bag. Anyone on your list would love receiving it as a gift, or you can keep it for yourself.
- NEW Shamrock Crochet Baskets - Call this DIY bag quirky or call it fabulous, you're sure to carry the luck o' the Irish with you wherever you go when you have this bag on hand.
Find even more unique crochet pattern ideas in 15 Knit & Crochet Ear Warmer Patterns.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Teddy Bear Blanket
- Crocheted iPhone Cozy
- 13 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners
- Crochet Small Cute Purse
- Autumn Fiesta Carnivale Mandala
- Pretty Crochet Doily Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Glitter and Gleam
- How to Crochet a Granny Square
- Light Crochet Shoulder Shrug
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Chain Braided Belt
- Beautiful Crochet Zipper Pouch
- Chunky Crochet Scarf
- DIY Chalkboard Dollhouse
- Adorably Easy Baby Burp Cloths
- Rustic Burlap Curtains
- Easy Ruffled Dishtowels
- Chicken Wire Christmas Card Display
- 22 DIY Beaded Ornaments
- Desert Winds Modern Crochet Triangle Scarf