Gypsy Girl's Blouse
By: Ann E. Smith for Caron Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This fun gypsy blouse features a flower motif all the way around the neckline and is easy to crochet. This gypsy blouse crochet pattern is sure to create a favorite piece of clothing for any girl.
MATERIALS Small 3-4 (Medium 5-6, Large 7-8, X-Large 9-10)
- Caron International's Simply Soft (100% acrylic; 6oz/170g, 315yd/288m skein): 2 (2, 2, 3) skeins (MC); 1 skein (C)
- Caron International's Simply Soft Brites (100% acrylic; 6 oz/170 g, 315 yds/288 m): 1 skein each (A) and (B). Shown in: #9747 Iris (MC), #9605 Mango (A); #9604 Watermelon (B); #9748 Rubine Red (C)
- For open mesh pattern only – one size US H-8 (5 mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- For size 3-4 and 5-6 bodice motifs only – one size US F-5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- For size 7-8 and 9-10 bodice motifs only – one size US G-6 (4 mm) crochet hook, or size to obtain gauge
- 8 safety pins
- Yarn needle
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS Small 3-4 (Medium 5-6, Large 7-8, X-Large 9-10)
Chest: 26 (27, 28, 30)”
Length: 10 1/2 (13 1/2, 16, 18)”
In open mesh pattern, using US size H-8 hook, 12 1/2 sts and 8 rows = 4”/10 cm.
Motif with size US F-5 (3.75 mm) hook = 2 1/2”/6.5 cm square.
Motif with size US G-6 (4 mm) hook = 2 3/4”/7 cm square.
Working in spaces between stitches: Insert hook below through the space between the stitches of previous row or round instead of through top loops of stitches.
Single crochet 2 stitches together (sc2tog): * Insert hook in next st, yo and pull through; repeat from * once, yo and pull through all 3 loops on hook.
Right side (RS)
Wrong side (WS)
Chain (ch), double crochet (dc), half double crochet (hdc), single crochet (sc), slip stitch (slip st)
Motif (make 10)
Using smaller size hook needed for size and A, ch 2.
Rnd 1: 6 sc in second ch from hook; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Rnd 2: With RS facing, join B with slip st in any sc, ch 3 (counts as a dc), dc in same sc; * ch 1, 2 dc in next sc; repeat from * around, ch 1; join with slip st in third ch of beginning ch-3—12 dc and 6 ch spaces. Fasten off.
Rnd 3: With RS facing, join C in any dc, ch 1, sc in same dc, sc in next dc; * 2 sc in ch-1 space, sc in next 2 dc; repeat from * around, ending 2 sc in last ch-1 space; join with slip st in first sc—24 sc. Fasten off.
Rnd 4: With RS facing, join MC in any sc, ch 1, sc in same sc, sc in next 2 sc; * hdc in next sc, 3 dc in next sc, hdc in next sc **, sc in next 3 sc; repeat from * around, ending last repeat at **; join with slip st in first sc—12 sc, 8 hdc, 12 dc. Fasten off.
To join Motifs, hold 2 Motifs with RS together. Working in back loops [the inside loops] of both edges at the same time and using MC, slip st across from corner to corner. Fasten off.
Join 4 Motifs for front strip; join 4 more Motifs for back strip. For shoulders, join one Motif to first Motif of each strip; then join remaining Motif to last Motif of each strip.
The stitches for the Body and Sleeve rows are worked in spaces between stitches (see Special Terms), forming a slightly open mesh pattern.
Row 1: Working across bottom edge of Bodice front, with RS facing and larger hook, join MC in center dc at corner, ch 3 (counts as dc); work 35 more dc evenly across, turn—36 sts.
Row 2 (WS): Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in each space across, turn.
Row 3 (Inc): Ch 3, 2 dc in space before next dc, dc in each space across to last space, 2 dc in last space, turn—38 sts.
Raglan shaping is established in Rows 2 and 3. Repeat last 2 rows 1 (2, 3, 4) times more—40 (42, 44, 46) sts. Place a safety pin on each end of last inc row. Work even rows until piece measures 8 (10, 12, 14)” from first row.
Work as for Body Front.
Row 1: With RS facing and larger hook, join MC in same center dc of corner as Body Front or Back, ch 3 (counts as dc), work 26 more dc evenly across to center dc of next corner, turn—27 sts.
Repeat raglan shaping as for Front for 2 (3, 4, 5) times total—31 (33, 35, 37) sts. Place a safety pin on each end of last inc row.
Next row: Ch 2 (counts as hdc), hdc in each space across, turn.
Repeat last row until piece measures 4 1/2 (5 1/2, 6 1/2, 7 1/2)” from first row, ending with RS row. At end of last row, join with slip st in third ch of beginning ch-2. Do not turn or fasten off.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining slip st, (sc2tog 3 times, sc in next sc) around, ending sc2tog 1 (2, 3, 0) times, sc in 0 (0, 0, 1) sc, join with slip st in first sc—18 (19, 20, 22) sts.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in each sc around; join with slip st in first sc. Fasten off.
Matching safety pins, sew front and back to sleeves along raglan shaping. Sew remaining underarm and side seams. Weave in loose ends.
Tie Belt (optional)
With a double strand of MC and larger hook, ch 300 (300, 350, 400). Fasten off. Fold in half and tie ends into over-hand knots. Weave through any dc row on Body below raglan shaping.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- Glass Jar Mod Podge Makeover
- Crochet Shell N Chains Scarf
- USA Mason Jar Knit Cozy
- Patriotic Mason Jar Crochet Cozy
- Mouse Hole Wall Decor
- Lacy Star Crochet Stitch
- Delicate Shells Crochet Stitch
- Charging Station Recycled Craft
- Double Seed Stitch Coffee Cozy