Angry Birds Tissue Box Cover
By: Donesia for The Crochet Girl
This Angry Birds Tissue Box Cover is a great addition to your home decor! This crochet tissue box cover makes a great gift for teens (and adults!) who love the Angry Birds game. Send it in a college care package to a student you love!
- H Hook
- G Hook
- Small amount of black felt
- Stitch Markers
- Yarn Needle
- Fabric Glue
- Tissue Box
- (BODY) H hook: With Red, Rnd 1: Ch 16
- Rnd 2: SC in 2nd ch from hook, sc to end, ch 1 – turn
- Rnd 3-22: Repeat rows 2.
- Rnd 23: Ch 1, sc in same st, sc along side of the square to next corner putting 2 sc in corner. Continue around to the beginning, sl st at the beginning, ch 1.
- Rnd 24: SC in BL only for 1 round.
- Rnd 25-36: SC around.
- Rnd 37: SC around leaving 10 sts unworked. (This is the mouth section. Fit on box to make sure it fits and looks straight. Use markers to help). Ch 5, sk 5 sts, sc in the 6th st, sc to the end of round.
- Rnd 38-44: Continue to sc around and in the ch 5 sts.
- Rnd 45: Ch 1, 1 sc reverse stitch around. Fasten off.
- (EYES) Make 2 - G Hook: With White, Rnd 1: MC 6
- Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st
- Rnd 3: *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next*, repeat around (18), join with black
- Rnd 4: Sl st around, fasten off
- (EYEBROWS) G Hook: With Black, Rnd 1: Ch 18
- Rnd 2: SC in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 6 sts, sc3tog, sc in last 7 sts. Fasten off.
- (BEAK) Make 2 – G Hook: With Yellow or Orange, Rnd 1: MC 4
- Rnd 2: 2 sc in each st (8)
- Rnd 3: 1 *sc in next st, 2 sc in next st*, repeat around (12)
- Rnd 4: sc around (12)
- Rnd 5: 2 sc in next st, sc in next 5 sts, 2 sc in next st, sc to end (15)
- Rnd 6: sc around. (15). Fasten off. Leave long tail.
- (FEATHERS) Make 2 – G Hook: With Red, Rnd 1: MC 4
- Rnd 2-7: sc around
- ASSEMBLY: Sew eyes to face. Glue black felt to eyes. Sew eyebrows to face above eyes. Sew beak closed. Sew beak to top and bottom lip. Seal edges of lips closed so that they won’t stay open when you pull the tissue out. Sew feathers together (one in front of the other), and then sew to top of head. Put bird over tissue box and stick tissue through the mouth.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!