Shimmering Crocheted Snowflake Ornaments
By: Shannon Booth
Make your tree glimmer and shine with these Shimmering Crocheted Snowflake Ornaments. These crochet snowflakes also make great gifts or gift tags for the holidays. Everyone is sure to love them!
- White crochet thread
- Small thread crotchet hook
- Dish soap
- Elmers glue
- Wax paper
- Flat sheet of Styrofoam
- Stainless steal pins
- Beads of your choice
- Wire cutters
- Metal ornament hooks
- Using your own favorite pattern, crochet 3 different snowflakes of your choice, 1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large...or as many as you need.
- Rinse snowflakes in water with a dab of dishsoap. Gently hand wash and rinse completely, making sure the snowflakes are nice and white!
- While still wet, dip snowflakes in one part water and two parts glue, gently squeeze off excess.
- Cover Styrofoam with sheet of wax paper and lay snowflakes out on the Styrofoam. Shape to your liking and pin down.
- Sprinkle glitter of choice over wet pinned flakes and let dry 24 hours.
- When dry, pull pins from snowflake and stick one end of ornament hook through the point of the large snowflake. Twist to secure. Add desired bead, twist to make a small stopper to keep bead on hook, and reshape remaining metal into a hook.
- At the bottom of the snowflake, stick another ornament hook and twist to secure it. Add beads and straighten the curved end of the hook so it hangs straight down. Trim with wire cutters if needed. Stick trimmed end into medium sized snowflake, twist to secure. Repeat process until you reach the bottom of the small snowflake.
- If desired, take another ornament hook and stick it in the bottom center of the smallest snowflake, twist to secure, add desired beads, and twist to make a small stopper.