Crochet Christmas Stockings: 17 Free Patterns
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I know that my favorite part about Christmas morning was opening stockings. There's something so magical about the Christmas stocking and the memories they help create. These Crochet Christmas Stockings will help keep you busy this winter season when your stuck indoors. Best of all, these 17 free patterns will inspire you to create your own handmade memories this season. There is nothing better than a crochet Christmas stocking to find goodies in.
With these 17 crochet Christmas stockings, you'll be able to make the stockings that add so much joy to the holiday season.
Great for crochet fans of all skill levels, these Christmas stocking patterns make wonderful gifts for family and friends. You can personalize each stocking and fill them with candy or baked goods for a gift that's sure to keep on giving!
For those who don't have much experience crocheting, we even threw in some great knitted stocking patterns. These stockings may look complicated, but with some practice and determination, you'll be able to create these beautiful Christmas decorations in no time.
And speaking of decorations, stockings are a great decor piece for much more than your mantel. From trees to your table, wreaths to wearables, our section on Other Crochet Patterns for Christmas Stockings will give you several new ways to incorporate this Christmas staple into your decor.
Crochet Christmas Stockings Table of Contents
Crocheting a Christmas stocking for a friend or loved one is a great way to show you care. With these easy crochet Christmas stockings, you'll have your gift list done in no time! Many of these stockings are easy to personalize and make to fit your needs, so grab some yarn and a hook and start making one of these wonderful and fun crochet Christmas stockings today!
- Lacy Crochet Stocking: This elegant crocheted Christmas stocking uses open work crochet to create a beautiful lacy pattern. This is a beautiful and elegant stocking that is sure to impress anyone.
- Lace Top Crochet Stocking: This simple stocking is easy to make and even more fun to show off to those who come to your house for the holidays. The sweet trim and buttons on this crocheted Christmas stocking give this decoration a classic looks that's sure to be appreciated for years to come.
- Simple Striped Santa Stockings: Perfect for the beginning crocheter, these stockings are easy and fun to make. You can impress your friends and family by crocheting everyone's stocking this year!
- Sugar n' Cream Crochet Stocking: This stocking is merry and bright, showing off the brighter, more festive colors of Christmas. This is a great stocking for a teenage girl or young tween. Fill it with all the things she loves for a gift that's sure to please!
- Swirls Crochet Stocking: This fun and easy crocheted Christmas decoration has fun pockets that can be used to store little treats and surprises. You can add more or less swirls to this stocking, and you're more than welcome to add swirls in all different colors for a stocking that's sure to stand out.
- Holly Stocking: Using sparkle thread to create this simple Christmas stocking is a great way to make a gift that's sure to impress. This stocking has a slight glimmer that will make it sparkle as it sits on your mantel or filled with goodies under the tree.
We couldn't let crochet fans have all the fun! As a little extra bonus, here are a few knit Christmas stockings that are fun and easy to make. These knit Christmas decorations make wonderful gifts for newlyweds, new families, and even neighbors and friends! Fill these cute stockings with candy or knit mittens and scarves for a great gift that just keeps on giving!
- Knit Christmas Stocking: This simple and classic stocking is perfect for hanging from your mantel. The colors of this knitted Christmas decoration make it perfect for a woodsy or winter-themed decor scheme.
- Striped Christmas Stocking: Great for boys and girls alike, this striped stocking is easy to make and even more fun to fill! The extra long length of the stocking makes it perfect for filling with candy, dolls, or even a Red Rider BB Gun!
- Christmas Snowman Stocking: Snowmen make for wonderful winter accessories, and this knit Christmas stocking is no exception! Geared towards the more advanced knitter, this Snowman Stocking makes a wonderful gift and is a great way to decorate for the winter season.
- Traditional Holiday Stocking: If you're looking for the more traditional look, this Christmas stocking is for you! Made using the colors of the season, this knit pattern even has a sweet front pocket shaped like a mitten, perfect for storing a little surprise!
- Thick Cables Knit Stocking: Classic and simple, this cable stocking is great for embellishing and adding a personal touch. The cable pattern on the stocking is not difficult, but this pattern is geared toward those who have experience using a cable needle.
- Classic Christmas Stocking: If you're looking for a gift for a Secret Santa party, why not knit this adorable Christmas stocking and fill it with yummy baked goods? This stocking is great for people of all ages and it's sure to be treasured for years to come.
- Striped Christmas Stocking: These stockings are fun and easy to make. You can change the colors to be whatever you'd like, so they're easy to personalize for any young boy or girl.
Crochet Christmas stockings aren't just for mantel decor, you could also wear them, hang them on your front door, or even add some to your Christmas tree! With these crochet stocking patterns, you can create fun adorable Christmas stocking decorations that are miniature in size, but large in fun!
- Christmas Stocking Pin: This adorable pin would be a great addition to any holiday outfit. You can fill this mini stocking with a little candy cane and a gift to make it extra special! You could also turn this miniature crochet Christmas stocking into a magnet or a charm to attach to a Christmas gift for a loved one.
- Crochet Christmas Stocking Wreath: Welcome Santa to your home by hanging this cute crocheted wreath on your front door. Decorated with little stockings, gifts, and pictures of the man himself, this Christmas wreath is perfect for anyone who loves the symbols of the holiday.
- Elf Size Stocking Ornament: Perfect for storing tiny gifts on the tree or adding a whimsical touch to your holiday dinner table, these tiny elf stockings are easy to make and fun to use to help you accessorize for Christmas! Fill them with silverware and set them on each plate so guests can take home a little party favor after the holiday is over.
- Little Stocking Ornaments: Add some charm and fun to your ornament collection with these tiny crochet stocking ornaments. These also make great gift attachments and are a fun way to personalize gifts to friends and family.
With these 21 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts, you'll have gift ideas for everyone on your list!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Crochet Heart Ornament
- Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
- Crochet Christmas Stockings: 17 Free Patterns
- "Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects" free eBook from Red Heart Yarns
- 21 Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts
- Crocheted Nativity
- Lily the Christmas Elf
- Simple Striped Santa Stockings
- Crochet Christmas Tree Skirt
- Huggable Happy Colors Penguin
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 19 Fun and Easy Paper Crafts for Kids
- Ornamental Easter Eggs
- Knit Bow Tie Dog Collar Free Knitting Pattern
- Robyn Josephs
- Easter Bunny Canvas
- Little Bunny Easy Sewing Pattern
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card