Christmas Decoration Potholders
By: Roseanna Beck
Check out these adorable free crochet patterns for potholders. These perfect Christmas Decoration Potholders by Roseanna Beck are just want you need to spruce up your kitchen this holiday season! Make one or all of the pretty designs.
Size: 7 ½” across
- 1 skein each White, Jockey Red and Paddy Green Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 9 - 3 mm gold beads
- 3 yds. each red, green and yellow DMC (25) thread
- red and green sewing thread
- G, H, I and J crochet hooks
- Tapestry Needle
- Sewing Needle
Stitches Used:Chain (ch), Single Crochet (sc), Half Double Crochet (hdc), Double Crochet (dc),
Triple Crochet (trc), Slip Stitch (sl st)
Front of Potholder:
- Row 1 – With white and H hook ch 22, dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in each ch across, ch 3 and turn. (20 dcs)
- Row 2 – Work 1 dc in each dc across, ch 3 and turn.
- Rows 3-8 – Rep Row 2.
- Row 9 – Rep Row 2 and fasten off.
Back of the Potholder: work same as front.
- Rnd 1 – With green and J hook ch 10 and form a ring, work 27 sc in ring, join to back loop of beg sc. Do Not Turn.
- Rnd 2 – Ch 3, 2 dc in same back loop, *sl st in back loop of next sc, skip 1 sc, 3 dc in back loop of next sc, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 3 and fasten off.
- Sew 3 mm gold beads around wreath.
- Split red into 2 strand pieces. With G hook ch 45, make a bow and sew to top of wreath.
- Sew wreath to right side of Front.
CANDY CANES (make 2)
- With I hook, red and white together ch 22 (6 ½” long).
- Split green into 2 strand pieces. With G hook ch 45 and make a bow.
- Sew candy canes and bow together.
- Sew candy canes with bow to right side of Front.
- Rnd 1 – With red and I hook ch 2, work 7 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join to beg sc.
- Rnd 2 – With J hook ch 3, (trc, ch 3, sl st) in same sp, *sl st in next sc, (ch 3, trc, ch 3, sl st) in same st, rep from * around, join to beg and fasten off. (7 petals)
- With DMC red, green and yellow thread make french knots in center of flower.
- Leaves (make 4):Split green into 2 strand pieces. With G hook ch 9, sc in 2nd ch from hook, work a sc, hdc, hdc, dc, dc, hdc, 3 sc in last ch, work along opposite side of chain, hdc, dc, dc, hdc,hdc, sc, sc, sl st in beg ch and fasten off.
- Sew poinsettia and leaves to right side of Front (see photo for placement of leaves).
- Place wrong sides of both Front and Back together and work through both sides.
- Work along top edge with H hook join red with a sc in first dc of right corner, ch 10, sc in same sp (hanging loop made), * ch 3, skip 2 dc, sc in sp after dc, rep from * across ending ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in last dc.
- Work along side edge *ch 3, sc around post of next dc, rep from * across ending ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in ch st of bottom edge.
- Work along bottom edge *ch 3, skip 2 dc, sc in sp after dc, rep from * across ending ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in last ch.
- Work along side edge *ch 3, sc around post of next dc, rep from * across ending ch 3, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts