Adorable Crocheted Baby Dress
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Just when you thought crochet couldn't get any cuter along comes this adorable crocheted baby dress. Using this free crochet pattern and sport weight yarn you can make this for your little girl in no time.
Instructions are for 3-6 months; changes for 6-9 months and 9-12 months are in [ ].
- Sports weight yarn - 9 [11,13] ozs white.
- 4 x 3/8" buttons.
- E crochet hook.
Gauge : 5 sc = 1"; 6 sc in back lp rows = 1"; 4 shell rows = 2 + 1/4".
Reverse sc crochet = working from left to right, insert hook in next st to the right, complete as sc.
DRESS BODICE : Row1: Ch 56, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 5 ch, 3 sc in next ch, ( forms corner ) * sc in next 13 ch, 3 sc in next ch ( forms corner ); rep from * 2 more times, sc in last 6 ch, turn (63 sts).
Note. Work the fol. rows in Back Loops only unless otherwise stated.
Rows 2-11: [ 2-12, 2-13 ] : Ch 1, sc in each st across with 3 sc in each centre corner st, turn, ending with 143 [151, 159 ]. sc in last row.
Rows 12 [ 13,14 ] : Ch 1, sc in first 18 [19, 20 ] sts; for first Armhole, ch 9, skip next 35 [37,39 ] sts; sc in next 37 [39,41 ] sts; for 2nd Armhole, ch 9, skip next 35 [37,39 ] sts; sc in last 18 [19,20 ] sts, turn (73 sc, 2 ch - 9 sps) [ 77 sc, 2 ch - 9 sps; 81 sc, 2 ch - 9 sps ).
Row 13: [14,15] : Ch 1, sc in each st and each ch across, turn (91 sc) [ 95 sc, 99 sc].
Rows 14-19 : [15 - 21, 16-25] : Ch 1, sc in each st across. At end of last row, fasten off.
BUTTONHOLE ROW : Row 1 : Working in ends of rows across Left Back, with right side of work facing you, join with sc in first row, sc in each row across, turn (19 sc) [ 21 sc, 25 sc,].
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first 4 [4,6] sts; for Buttonhole, ch 2, skip next 2 sts, * sc in next 4 [5,6] sts; for Buttonhole, ch 2, skip next 2 sts; rep from * one more time, sc in last st, turn.
Row 4 : Ch 1, sc in each st and 2 sc in each ch 2 sp across, turn (19 sc) [ 21sc, 25 sc].
Row 4 : ch 1, sc in each st across, fasten off.
BUTTON ROW : Row 1: Working in ends of rows across Right Back, with right side of work facing you, join with sc in first row, sc in each row across, turn (19) [21 sc, 25 sc].
Rows 2-5 : Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. At end of last row, fasten off.
For Necktrim, working in ends of rows across Buttonhole and Button Rows and in starting ch on opposite side of row 1 on Bodice, with right side of work facing you, join with sc in last row on Button row, working from left to right, reverce sc in each row and in each ch across, fasten off.
SKIRT : (worked in Both Loops) Round 1 : Working in ends of rows of Button and Buttonhole and on last row of Bodice, hold Buttonhole over Button; matching rows and working through both thicknesses, join with sc in first row, sc in next 4 rows; working on Bodice only, sc in each st around, join with sl st in first sc (96 sc) [100sc, 104 sc].
Notes = for beginning V-stitch (beg V-st), ch 5, dc in same st.
for V-stitch (V-st), dc, ch 2, dc) in next st.
Round 2 : Beg. V-st, skip next st, (V-st in next st, skip next st, ) around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of ch 5 (48 V-sts) [50 V-st, 52 V-sts].
Round 3 : Sl st in next ch sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same space, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in ch space of each V-st around, join with sl st in top of ch 3.
Rounds 4-5 : [4-6, 4-7] : Sl st in next st, sl st in next ch sp, ch 3, ( dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same space, (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc ) in each ch sp around, join.
Round 6 : [7,8] : Sl st in next st, sl st in next ch sp, ch 3, ( 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc ) in same sp, ( 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in each ch sp around, join.
Rounds 7 - 12 [8-14, 9-16] : Sl st in each of next 2 sts, sl st in next ch sp, ch 3, ( 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc ) in same sp, ( 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc ) in each ch sp around, join.
Rounds 13 : [15,17] : Sl st in each of next 2 sts, sl st in next ch sp, ch 3, 7 dc in same sp; for Scallop, 8 dc in each ch sp around, join.
Round 14 : [16,18] : Sl st in next 4 sts, 9 dc in sp between last Scallop and next Scallop, (sl st in 5th dc of next Scallop, 9 dc in sp between last Scallop and next Scallop) around, join with sl st in first sl st, fasten off.
Sew buttons to Button row opposite Buttonholes. Sew pretty buttons and sew a flower to the dress.
Images from other crafters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Easy One Ball Baby Blanket and Hat Set
- Baby Hanging Storage
- 34 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns, Free Tutorials and More
- 27 Cute Free Crochet Patterns for Babies
- Baby's First Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Day of the Week Bibs and Booties
- Adorable Crocheted Baby Dress
- Diamond Bobble Baby Blanket
- Crochet Yellow Baby Blanket
- Flower Petals Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card
- Sweet Doily Cards Spring Craft
- Illuminated Blossoms Spring Craft
- Colorful Napkin Wreath Spring Craft
- Large Silk DIY Flower Arrangement
- Kiddie Blocks Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Easy DIY Castle Printables
- Simple Yarn Easter Baskets