This soft crochet wrap offers the warmth and comfort of a sweater with the crocheting ease of a scarf. Try this free crochet pattern to make your own wrap!
- Crochet hook, size US P/Q (15 mm), or size to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle (tn)
- Caron International's Simply Soft Boucle (99% acrylic, 1% polyester; 3 oz/85 g, approx 38 yds/35 m): #0014 Autumn Red, 5 balls
Not critical for this project.
Single crochet (sc)
Wrap is worked in one piece, with short row shaping worked across the center of the piece.
- Ch 16.
- Row 1: Beg in second ch from hook, sc in second ch and each ch across--15 sc.
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in each sc across.
- Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 13" from beg.
- Row 1: Ch 1, sc across to last 5 sts, slip st in next 2 sts, turn.
- Row 2: Slip st in next 4 sts, sc to end.
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc across all sts—15 sc.
- Row 4: Ch 1, sc in each sc across.
- Rows 5 – 36: Rep Rows 1 – 4 (a total of 8 times); place a marker for end of Body.
- Repeat Row 4 until piece measures 13 inches from marker.
- Fasten off.
Using tn, weave in all ends.