This crochet poncho has an open pattern that creates a fishnet look that is modern and chic. For all skill levels, this poncho pattern from Bernat Yarns is fun and easy to make.
- Bernat Satin (Solids 100 g/3.5 oz) 04011(Sable)
- Sizes XS/M–3 balls; L/2XL–4 balls; 3XL/5XL–5 balls
- Size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
To finish bust measurement
- Extra Small-Medium 28-38 ins [ 71-96.5 cm ]
- Large-2XLarge 40-50 ins [ 101.5-127 cm ]
- 3XLarge-5XLarge 52-62 ins [ 132-158 cm ]
Finished length between neck edge and bottom (excluding fringe)
- Extra Small-Medium 15½ ins [ 39.5 cm ]
- Large-2XLarge 19¼ ins [ 49 cm ]
- 3XLarge-5XLarge 22 ins [ 56 cm ]
17 sts and 6 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
Front and Back (make alike)
1st row: (WS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. 57 sc. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *1 dc in each of next 3 sc. Ch 2. Miss next 2 sc.* Rep from * to * 4 times more. 1 dc in each of next 2 sc. (1 dc. Ch 3. 1 dc) in next sc for center V-point. 1 dc in each of next 2 sc. Ch 2. Miss next 2 sc. Rep from * to * 4 times. 1 dc in each of next 4 sc. Turn. 57 sts.
3rd row: Ch 5 (counts as dc and ch 2). *3 dc in next ch-2 sp. Ch 2. * Rep from * to * to ch-3 sp of center V point. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in ch-3 sp. Ch 2. Rep from * to * to end of row. 1 dc in top of ch-3. Turn.
4th row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). *3 dc in next ch-2 sp. Ch 2.* Rep from * to * to ch-3 sp of center V-point. (3 dc. Ch 3. 3 dc) in ch-3 sp. Ch 2. Rep from * to * to end of row. 1 dc in 3rd ch of ch-5. Turn.
Rep last 2 rows 8 (10-12) times more, working increases as established. 20 (24-28) rows in total.
Sew side seams.
Drawstring: Make a chain 50 ins [127 cm] long. Fasten off. Beg at center Front, weave drawstring through ch-2 sps at neck edge.
Fringe: Cut yarn 12 ins [30.5 cm] long. Take 3 strands tog, fold in half and knot into each ch-2 sp across lower edge of poncho. Trim fringe evenly.