This Misty Blue Rose Wrap is perfect as an evening wrap shawl. This easy crochet pattern from Red Heart Yarn can be embellished with roses or just left as is. The best thing about this wrap is that you can easily dress it up or down, so it's a great fashion staple.
- RED HEART® Shimmer: 2 skeins 1810 Royal A
- RED HEART® Sashay™: 1 skein 1934 Rhumba B
- Crochet Hook: 5mm [US H-8]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: With A, 4 clusters and 7 rows = 4” in pattern st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
SPECIAL STITCH shell: (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in same st or space
- With A, ch 35
- Row 1: Shell in 5th ch from hook, *skip next 3 ch sts, shell in next ch, repeat from * across to last 2 ch sts, skip next ch, dc in last ch, turn—8 shells.
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), skip first 3 dc, shell in ch-1 space of each shell across, dc in top of beginning ch, turn.
- Repeat row 2 until piece measures 56” from beginning.
- Fasten off.
Small Rose (make 4):
- Cut a 36” long piece of B.
- Unroll the yarn so that the edge with a row of holes is visible. Treat the row of holes as a chain. Insert the crochet hook into the first hole, skip 2 holes, insert hook into next hole, pull this st through the first st on the hook. Continue to chain in this manner across the piece of yarn. Finish by pulling end of yarn through last st. Roll ruffle to create a rose. Cut an 18” piece of A, thread onto yarn needle. Sew through rolled rose in several places to secure.
Large Rose (make 2):
- Cut a 60” piece of B. Complete as small rose.
- Sew 2 small roses and 1 large rose to each end of wrap.
- Weave in ends.