We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Easy-to-crochet Belize Wrap can liven up any outfit. It's also a great free easy pattern for all seasons, looking just as appropriate over a summer tank as it does over a heavy winter dress.
- Naturally Caron.com Country (75% microdenier acrylic/25% merino wool; 3 oz/85 g, 185 yds/170m skein): 6 oz (A), 3 oz (B), 3 oz (C). Shown in: #0014 Deep Purple (A), #0020 Loden Forest (B), #0015 Deep Taupe (C).
- One size US I-9 (5.5 mm), or size to obtain gauge.
- Three safety pins or split-ring stitch markers (for temporarily holding colors not in use)
- Stitch marker (for marking beginning of round)
- Yarn needle
Shawl measures approximately 52"/132 cm long x 14"/35.5 cm wide
In single crochet, using I-9 (5.5 mm) hook, 13 sts and 20 rows = 4"/10 cm.
Gauge is not critical for this project.
Chain (ch), double crochet (dc), double treble crochet (dtr), half double crochet (hdc), single crochet (sc), slip stitch (slip st), treble crochet (tr),
dtr8tog: Double treble crochet 8 together –*Yarn over 3 times, insert hook in next st and pull up a loop, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops] 3 times; repeat from * 7 more times, yarn over and draw through 9 loops on hook.
Instructions for Swirl Motif use color sequence: A, B, C. Vary the look of the piece by varying the color sequence in some of the motifs.
SWIRL MOTIF (make 4)
With A, chain 2.
Round 1: (Sc, hdc, 2 dc) in second ch from hook; drop A and place loop on safety pin (or split-ring marker); join B with sc in same ch, (hdc, 2 dc) in same ch, drop B and place loop on safety pin (or split-ring marker); join C with sc in same ch, (hdc, 2 dc) in same ch, drop C and place loop on safety pin; gently tighten chain into which stitches have been worked so that tight circle is formed—12 sts (4 sts each with A, B, and C).
Note: Place a stitch marker to denote beginning of round. Rounds will begin and end with different colors from now on. The color used at the end of a previous round will be the color used at the beginning of the next round.
Round 2: With C, 2 dc in next 4 sts; drop C and pick up A; with A, 2 dc in next 4 sts; drop A and pick up B; with B, 2 dc in next 4 sts—24 sts (8 sts each with A, B, and C).
Round 3: With B, [2 dc in next st, dc in next st] 4 times; drop B and pick up C; with C, [2 dc in next st, dc in next st] 4 times; drop C and pick up A; with A, [2 dc in next st, dc in next st] 4 times—36 sts (12 sts each with A, B, and C).
Round 4: With A, *[2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts] 4 times; repeat from * with B, then repeat from * with C—48 sts (16 sts each with A, B, and C).
Round 5: With C, *[2 dc in next st, dc in next 3 sts] 4 times; repeat from * with A, then repeat from * with B—60 sts (20 sts each with A, B, and C).
Round 6: With B, *[2 dc in next st, dc in next 4 sts] 4 times; repeat from * with C, then repeat from * with A—72 sts (24 sts each with A, B, and C).
Round 7: With A, *[2 dc in next st, dc in next 5 sts] 4 times; repeat from * with B, then repeat from * with C—84 sts (28 sts each with A, B, and C).
Round 8: With C, *[2 dc in next st, dc in next 6 sts] 4 times; repeat from * with A, then repeat from * with B—96 sts (32 sts each with A, B, and C).
Round 9: With B, *[2 dc in next st, dc in next 7 sts] 4 times; repeat from * with C, then repeat from * with A—108 sts (36 sts each with A, B, and C).
Last Round: With A, hdc in next st, sc in next st, slip st in next st; fasten off A; pick up B, hdc in next st, sc in next st, slip st in next st; fasten off B; pick up C, hdc in next st, sc in next st, slip st in next st; fasten off C.
Arrange motifs in a long strip. Sew edges of motifs together, sewing only 4 sts together along each edge (approx 1 1/2"/4 cm seams).
With RS facing, join A with slip st in the 14th st before a seam.
Round 1: Ch 5 (counts as dc, ch 2), skip next st,* tr in next st, ch 2, skip next st, dtr in next st, ch 2, skip next st; skipping every other st, work dtr8tog over the next 16 sts (8 sts of current motif and 8 sts of next motif); ch 1 (to tighten dtr8tog); ch 2, skip next st, dtr in next st, ch 2, skip next st, tr in next st, ch 2, skip next st, [dc in next st, ch 2, skip next st] to 14th st before next seam; repeat from * around; join with slip st in 3rd ch of beginning ch. Fasten off.
Note: Ribbing is worked in rows perpendicular to edging. Work in back loops only throughout.
Row 1: Ch 11, hdc in third ch from hook and in each ch across, slip st in next ch-2 space of Edging, slip st in next dc of Edging, turn—9 hdc and 2 slip sts.
Row 2: Skip 2 slip sts; working in back loops only, hdc in each st across, turn—9 hdc.
Row 3: Ch 2, hdc in each st across, slip st in next ch-2 space of Edging, slip st in next st of edging, turn.
Note: Take care to work slip sts of Row 3 as follows: one into next ch-2 space, and one into next stitch (which may be a dc, tr, dtr, or dtr8tog).
Repeat Rows 2 and 3, working ribbing evenly spaced around entire perimeter of shawl. Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing first row of ribbing to last row.
Using yarn needle, weave in all ends. Wash piece and block to size.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Pineapple Lace Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Off the Shoulder Sweater
- Ruffled Crochet Cardigan
- Hooded Sweater Crochet Pattern
- Goddess Shawl
- Crochet Shawl for Summer
- Deep V Flourish Sweater Jacket
- Shawl Cir-Collar Vest Free Easy Crochet Pattern
- 16 Crochet Shawl Patterns + How to Crochet a Poncho
- Ultra Light Broomstick Lace Crochet Top Pattern
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Full of Love Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern
- Colorful DIY Agenda Planner
- Blinged Out DIY Cell Phone Case
- Egg Carton Flower Fairies
- Spring Flower DIY Wreath
- Ric Rac Rose Earrings
- Toilet Paper Roll Paint Stamps
- Paper Dolls Crochet Shawlette Pattern
- Teresa Collins Scrapbooking Set
- Pretty Hydrangea DIY Paper Flowers