Cozy up with a mug of hot cocoa and keep your toes warm in these Fireside Slippers from Red Heart Yarn. Anyone can crochet slippers, and this is a great beginner pattern to help you get started. Soon you'll be making warm winter slippers for the whole family!
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 skein 319 Cherry Red
- Crochet Hook: 5.5mm [US I-9]
- Yarn needle
Directions are for size Small. Changes for sizes Medium and Large are in parentheses.
GAUGE: 9 dc = 4”; and 6 rows = 4”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge given.
NOTE: Leave long tails at the beginning and end of each piece to use for finishing.
First Side and Sole:
- Row 1: Ch 23 (25, 27) dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across, turn—21 (23, 25) sts.
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), dc across, turn—21 (23, 25) sts.
- Rows 3-8: Rep Row 2.
- Row 9-12: Ch 3, dc in next 8 (10, 12) sts, turn— 9 (11, 13) sts.
- Row 13: Ch 3, dc across in each dc across, ch 14, turn.
Second Side and Sole:
- Row 14: Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each st across, turn—21 (23, 25) sts.
- Row 15-21: Repeat Row 2. Fasten off at the end of Row 21.
- Place instep on top of foot and wrap sides around foot, overlapping sole layers. Pin layers together. Sew each side of sole to sides of slipper. Gather stitches at toe. Sew heal seam. With RS facing, join yarn at top of heal seam, sc in each st around opening, working 2 sc into the ends of the rows across instep, join with slip st in to first sc.
- Make loop: Ch 10, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off. Sew end of loop to top of heel seam and weave in ends.
Flower (make 2):
- Ch 18, [dc, ch 3, slip st, (ch 3, dc, ch 3, slip st) 2 times] in 4th ch from hook, [slip st, ch 3, dc, ch 3, slip st] in each remaining ch—17 petals.
- Starting with the first 3 petals, spiral the petals around in 3 layers. Tack the layers together and sew to instep of slipper.