Harvest Crochet Scarf
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Free easy crochet patterns in rich fall tones, like this Harvest Crochet Scarf from Bernat Yarns, will keep you warm as the seasons change. Easy crochet scarf patterns like this are great for both men and women, and make great gifts for the holiday season. This beautiful crochet scarf pattern is thick enough to keep you warm throughout the winter, and with several colors present in the scarf, it's bound to match almost everything in your fall wardrobe!
1 ball of Bernat® Super Value Harvest Colors in the following colors:
Main Color (MC): Moss Heather
Contrast A: Rustic Heather
Contrast B: Steel Blue Heather
Contrast C: Plum Heather
Contrast D: Taupe Heather
Contrast E: Teal Heater
Contrast F: Redwood Heater
- Size 6 mm (U.S. J or 10) crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge
Measurements: Approx 7 x 60 ins [18 x 152.5 cm] excluding fringe.
Gauge: 12 dc and 6½ rows = 4 ins [10 cm].
- Dcbp = Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next stitch at back of work, inserting hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice. - Double crochet around back post made.
- Dcfp = Yoh and draw up a loop around post of next stitch at front of work, inserting hook from right to left. (Yoh and draw through 2 loops on hook) twice. - Double crochet around front post made.
To change color, work to last 2 loops on hook. Draw loop of next color through 2 loops on hook to complete st and proceed in next color. When joining and breaking yarn, leave a 6 ins [15 cm] end to be used for the fringe.
Work 2 rows of each color in following sequence: A, B, C, D, E, F, MC.
- These 14 rows form Stripe Pat.
With A, ch 185.
Foundation row: (WS). 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 2 dc). 1 dc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 183 dc.
1st row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dcbp in each of next 2 sts. *1 dcfp in each of next 3 sts. 1 dcbp in each of next 3 sts. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dcfp in each of next 2 sts. *1 dcbp in each of next 3 sts. 1 dcfp in each of next 3 sts. Rep from * to end of row. Turn. First 2 rows of Stripe Pat are complete.
Keeping cont of Stripe Pat, rep last 2 rows for Rib Pat until Stripe Pat is complete.
Next row: With MC, ch 3 (counts as dc). 1 dc in each st to end of row. Fasten off.
- Fringe: Cut yarn 12 ins [30.5 cm] long. Take 2 strands of appropriate color tog, fold in half and knot into fringe taking yarn from Stripe Pat into fringe across ends of Scarf. Trim fringe evenly.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Shimmering Lacy Bobble Scarf and Wristlets
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Simple One Skein Wrap
- La Poetique Scarf and Beret Set
- "16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, & Gloves" eBook
- Oversized Pocket Scarf Free Crochet Pattern
- 19 Shawls and Wraps + An Easy Crochet Wrap Pattern
- "From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories" eBook from Red Heart Yarns
- Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf
- Twist Scarf Crochet Pattern
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern