Crochet Granny Square Scarf
By: Sugar'n Cream
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use granny squares to create this breezy, spring scarf in pastel colors. This free crochet scarf pattern will show you how easy it is to create! Check back for more free crochet patterns added often!
8" X 50" [20.5 x 127 cm] without fringe.
Lily® Sugar’n Cream Yarn:
- (Solids 2.5 oz/70.9 g/Ombres 2 oz/56.7 g)
- Main Color (MC) 2 balls
- Contrast A 2 balls
- Contrast B 2 balls
Size 5 mm (U.S. H or 8) crochet hook or size
needed to obtain gauge.
Motif = 31/2" [9 cm] square.
Motif I (make 14)
With MC, ch 4. Join with sl st to form ring.
1st rnd: Ch 3 (counts as dc). 2 dc in ring. (Ch 1.
3 dc ) 3 times in ring. Ch 1. Sl st to top of ch-3.
2nd rnd: Join B with sl st to any ch-1 sp. Ch 3
(counts as dc). (2 dc. Ch 1. 3 dc) in same ch-1 sp
as last sl st. [(3 dc. Ch 1. 3 dc) in next ch-1 sp]
3 times. Sl st to top of ch-3. Fasten off.
3rd rnd: Join A with sl st to any ch-1 sp. Ch 3
(counts as dc). (2 dc. Ch 1. 3 dc) in same sp as
last sl st. 3 dc in next ch-1 sp. (3 dc. Ch 1. 3 dc)
in next ch-1 sp. Rep from twice more. 3 dc
in next ch-1 sp. Sl st in top of ch-3. Fasten off.
Motif ll (make 14)
Work as given for Motif I, substituting A for MC
in 1st rnd and MC for A in 3rd rnd, joining
motifs with sl st to corner ch and ch 1 sp in
previous motif when working 3rd rnd.
Join motifs in 2 strips with 14 motifs per strip,
alternating colors as illustrated.
Finishing: With B, sl st to any corner of Scarf.
Ch 1. Work 1 sc in each dc around, working 3 sc
in corners. Sl st into first sc. Fasten off.
Fringe: Cut 14 ins [35.5 cm] lengths of yarn
and taking 2 strands of each color tog, knot
into fringe evenly spaced across top and
bottom of Scarf. Trim fringe evenly.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Shimmering Lacy Bobble Scarf and Wristlets
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Simple One Skein Wrap
- La Poetique Scarf and Beret Set
- "16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, & Gloves" eBook
- Oversized Pocket Scarf Free Crochet Pattern
- 19 Shawls and Wraps + An Easy Crochet Wrap Pattern
- "From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories" eBook from Red Heart Yarns
- Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf
- Twist Scarf Crochet Pattern
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern