Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
By: Stephanie Swaim from Justess Designs
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern is great for beginners! The cowl can be worn as a scarf or a hood, and can be made with any bulky yarn. This easy crochet cowl pattern is an easy and quick gift for anyone you love! No matter the weather outside, you can throw this cowl on and look stylish. It's light enough to wear in the spring, but substantial enough to keep you warm when the weather is a bit chillier. Plus, you don't need to invest in earwarmers or a headband. This easy crochet cowl pattern is perfect for anyone who is new to crochet or simply wants to work on a quick and easy project. Test your skills and see what you can make - the results may surprise you.
- Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande (110 yds) 220 yds, 2 skeins in your choice of color
- Yarn needle
- 10mm (N) Hook
- Stitch marker
You will be crocheting in the round. You will join but not turn. Mark the beginning of each row with a row marker.
One you start working on this cowl crochet pattern, you may not be able to stop. Luckily the patterns in 10 Crochet and Knit Cowl Patterns will keep you busy for a very long time. Yarn lovers will fall for these amazing crochet scarf patterns and knitting tutorials, so be sure to stock up. You may think that all crochet cowls are created equal, but this collection shows that there are so many unique patterns to try.
If working with a different yarn than recommended, make sure that your beginning chain will fit over your head leaving plenty of extra room. Remember that you want your cowl to be loose enough to pull up as a hood and still give plenty of coverage around your neck.
Ch 55 and join with a sl st into back of chain (do not twist chain).
Row 1: Ch 1, (working in back of chain) Sc in same Ch as joining. Mark stitch. Sc in each chain around and join to marked stitch (do not twist chain).
Row 2: Ch 2, (counts as first Dc), skip st and Dc in each Sc around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 2. (55 Dc)
Row 3: Ch 1, (counts as first Hdc), skip st and Hdc in each around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 1. (55 Hdc)
Row 4: Ch 2, (counts as first Dc), skip st and Dc in each Hdc around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 2. (55 Dc)
Rows 5-6: Repeat Row 4
Row 7: Repeat Row 3
Row 8: Repeat Row 4
Row 9: Ch 1, Sc in each Dc around. Join with sl st to Ch 1.
Rows 10-17 Repeat Rows 2-9
Rows 18-23 Repeats Rows 2-7
Now that you're an expert at free crochet cowl patterns, you can try your hand at more great DIY ideas. How to Make a Crochet Cowl: 8 Free Patterns features a ton of great projects that even crocheter needs. These patterns are perfect for any season, so don't wait to start working on your next design. In this collection, you'll find solid free crochet cowl patterns, striped patterns and everything in between.
Free Craft Video: How to Single Crochet
For this project, you only need to know how to half double crochet, double crochet and single crochet.
Learn how to single crochet now wth this free craft video and you'll be well on your way to completing this free cowl crochet pattern.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Shimmering Lacy Bobble Scarf and Wristlets
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Simple One Skein Wrap
- La Poetique Scarf and Beret Set
- "16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, & Gloves" eBook
- Oversized Pocket Scarf Free Crochet Pattern
- 19 Shawls and Wraps + An Easy Crochet Wrap Pattern
- "From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories" eBook from Red Heart Yarns
- Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf
- Twist Scarf Crochet Pattern
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern