This Easy Hexagon Rug from Red Heart Yarn is perfect for a small area, like by your bed or in your kitchen. Floor rugs like this can be used as indoor and outdoor mats and are great for keeping your feet warm and clean in every season!
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 2 Skeins each 320 Cornmeal A and 633 Dark Sage B; and 4 skeins 631 Light Sage C
- Crochet Hook: U.S. Sizes N-15 [10 mm] and J-10 [6 mm]
Size: Rug measures 32” across.
Gauge/Tension: GAUGES: 8 sts = 5” with larger hook and 4 strands held together. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hooks to obtain the gauges given.
- NOTE: Use 4 strands of A or B or C held together as one throughout. For ease in working, wind each of A and B into 4-strand balls: hold the beginning and ending strand of each of 2 skeins together and wind all 4 strands together into a ball.
- With larger hook and 4 strands of C, ch 2.
- Round 1 (Wrong Side): 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook; join with a slip st in first sc; turn – 6 sc.
- Round 2: Ch 1; yo and insert hook into first sc, yo and draw loop through st and through one loop on hook, yo and draw loop through remaining 2 loops on hook – long hdc made; long hdc in same sc, [2 long hdc in next sc] 5 times; join with a slip st in first st; turn – 12 sts.
- Round 3: Ch 1, [2 sc in next st, sc in next st] 6 times; join with a slip st in first sc; turn – 18 sc.
- Round 4: Ch 1, [2 long hdc in next sc, long hdc in next 2 sc] 6 times; join with a slip st in first st; turn – 24 sts.
- Round 5: Ch 1, [2 sc in next st, sc in next 3 sts] 6 times; join with a slip st in first sc; turn – 30 sc.
- Round 6: Ch 1, [2 long hdc in next sc, long hdc in next 4 sc] 6 times; join with a slip st in first st; turn – 36 sts.
- Round 7: Ch 1, [2 sc in next st, sc in next 5 sts] 5 times; join with a slip st in first sc; turn – 42 sc.
- Rounds 8-23: Repeat rounds 6-7, increasing 6 sts each round and alternating long hdc on right side rounds and sc on wrong side rounds; change to 4 strands of A in last st of last row. There will be 138 sts at end of Round 23. Fasten off C.
- Continue in pattern as before and work 2 rounds with A, then 4 rounds with B, then 2 rounds with A. There will be 186 sts at end of last round. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
- Motif (Make 12): With smaller hook and 2 strands of A held together as one, [ch 10, slip st in 10th ch from hook] 3 times. Fasten off. Sew motifs to the B band as pictured.