Cupcakes are trendy right now, so embellish a crochet scarf with some yummy-looking cupcakes with this free crochet scarf pattern from Jennifer Cirka.
- Any worsted weight yarn (I used mostly “I Love This Yarn”, 100% acrylic)
- Small amount of brown for cupcake “cake”
- Small amount of pink and purple for “icing”
- Small amount of red for “cherry”
- Approximately 200 yards of main scarf color (I used baby blue)
- G-6 / 4 mm crochet
One size fits most
“Cake” Pattern – make 2
- With brown, ch 16
- Row 1: (RS) hdc in third ch from hook, hdc in next 3 chs, sc in remaining chs. Ch1, turn. (4hdc, 10sc)
- Row 2: working in BLO, sc in each st across. Ch1, turn. (14sc)
- Row 3-15: repeat row 2.
- Row 16: working in BLO, sc in first 10 sts. Hdc in last 4 sts. Finish off and weave in ends. (10sc, 4hdc)
“Icing” Pattern – make 2
- Row 1: With icing color and RS facing, attach yarn with a sc to the widest edge – right corner. Evenly space 17 more sc along edge. Ch3, turn. (18sc)
- Row 2: sc in each sc across, ch3, turn. (18sc)
- Row 3: sc in each sc across and turning ch. Ch3, turn. (20sc)
- Row 4: sk first 2sc, sc in next st and each st across until 2 sts remain. Ch2, sl st in turning ch. (16sc)
- Row 5: sk ch sp. Sc in first sc and each sc across. Ch3, turn. (16sc)
- Row 6: sk first 2 sts, sc in next sc and each st across. Ch3, turn. (14sc)
- Row 7-9: repeat row 6. (8sc)
- Row 10: sk first 2 sts, hdc in next 4 sts, ch2. sl st in turning ch. Finish off and weave in ends.
“Cherry” Pattern – make 2
- Round 1: With red, 6sc in magic ring, do not join. (6sc)
- Round 2: 2sc in each sc around. (12sc)
- Round 3: ch1, 2hdc in each sc around. Finish off and weave in ends. (24hdc)
- With MC, ch 30
- Row 1: 2dc in 3rd ch from hook. *sk 2 sts, (sc, 2dc) in next st. Repeat from * across. Sc in last ch. Ch2, turn.
- Row 2: 2dc in first sc. *sk 2 dc, (sc, 2dc) in nest sc. Repeat from * across, ending with sc in turning chain. Ch2, turn.
- Repeat row 2 until desired length is achieved.
- Final row: ch1, sc in each dc and sc across. Finish off and weave in ends.
Attach cherry to top of icing and attach completed cupcakes to the bottom of the scarf or wherever desired.
(Note: Hat pattern not available)