Make this crochet sunflower to brighten up your space and your mood! It's a great and easy crochet project you can create in no time. This flower has yellow petals a brown center and stamens.
- Red Heart Yarn, Center – Coffee Brown #365 2 yds.
- Red Heart Yarn,Petals – Yellow #230 5 yds.
- Red Heart Yarn, Around Center – Orange #245 2 yds.
- Stamens – DMC #938
- H hook
- J hook
Center of Flower:
With H hook and coffee brown [leave 30” for behind petals], ch 4 and form a ring, 11 sc in ring, join to beg sc and fasten off.
With J hook and yellow work in back loop only, (sl st, ch 3, trc, ch 3, sl st) in each loop, join to beg sl st and fasten off.
Note: Front loops are not worked.
Front of Petals: Split orange and use 2 strands. With H hook and orange, (sl st, ch 4, sl st) in each stitch between front loops and petals, join to beg sl st and fasten off.
With 6 strands DMC #938 fill entire center of the flower with french knots.
(Continue with Rnd 1 as established in general instructions.)
- If sewing flower directly to crocheted item omit instructions between [ ].
- If continuing a pattern behind the petals of a flower, use all instructions for the flower then crochet the following:
Rnd 1 – (Behind Petals)
With H hook and 30” strand of yarn (left behind flower) work in center of the
flower *sc between any 2 sc, ch 3, cont from * around evenly spacing 3 more
ch 3 sps, join to beg sc and fasten off. (4 ch 3 sps)
Continue with your pattern.