Make the Petunia flower for a great-looking crochet project. This pattern is easy to follow and you'll love the results. This flower has 5 pink petals a dark center, dark veins and stamens.
- Red Heart Yarn, Center – Cardinal #917 2 yds.
- Red Heart Yarn, Petals – Baby Pink #724 5 yds.
- Veins & Stamens – DMC #814
- H hook
Center of Flower:
With H hook and cardinal [leave 30” for behind petals] ch 5 and form a ring, 10 sc in ring, join to beg sc and fasten off.
With baby pink *(sc, ch 3, 2 trc) in a sc, (trc, ch 3, sc) in next sc to form the petal, rep from * around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
With 6 strands DMC #814 add veins to petals by sewing one long stitch up the middle of the petal, through the top and continue to the back, then work shorter veins in between to middle of next petal, continue around for all 5 petals. Work 6 french knots in center of the flower.
(Continue with Rnd 1 as established in general instructions.)
- If sewing flower directly to crocheted item omit instructions between [ ].
- If continuing a pattern behind the petals of a flower, use all instructions for the flower then crochet the following:
Rnd 1 – (Behind Petals)
With H hook and 30” strand of yarn (left behind flower) work in center of the
flower *sc between any 2 sc, ch 3, cont from * around evenly spacing 3 more
ch 3 sps, join to beg sc and fasten off. (4 ch 3 sps)
Continue with your pattern.