We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This adorable light-weight hoodie from Bernat Yarns is perfect for the springtime with your little one. For the beginning crocheter.
- Bernat® Baby Coordinates (160 g / 5.6 oz)
- MC: 1 (1-1) ball of #09317 (Lovely Lilac)
- A: 1 (1-1) ball of #01000 (White)
- Crochet Hook: size 4 mm (U.S. G or 6) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 5 buttons.
6 (12-18) mos.
To fit chest measurement: 17 (18-19) ins 43 (45.5-48) cm].
Finished chest: 19 (20-23) ins [48 (51-58.5) cm].
15 hdc and 10 rows = 4 ins [10 cm].
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
• Garment is worked in one piece, except for the hood, which is added at the end.
• Ch 2 for turning ch does not count as hdc.
Beg at Back, with MC ch 38 (40-45).
1st row: (RS) 1 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. 1 hdc in each ch across. Turn--36 (38-43) hdc.
2nd row: Ch 2. 1 hdc in each hdc to end of row. Turn.
Rep last row until work from beg measures 6½ (7-8) ins. [16.5 (18-20.5) cm] ending with a WS row.
Shape sleeves: Next 2 rows: Ch 13 (15-17). 1 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. 1 hdc in next 10 (12-14) ch. 1 hdc in each hdc of row. Turn--58 (64-73) hdc at end of 2nd row.
Work 12 (12-14) rows even.
Shape neck and divide fronts: Next row: (RS): Ch 2. 1 hdc in next 20 (23-27) hdc. Turn. Leave rem sts unworked.
Next row: Ch 11 (11-12). 1 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. 1 hdc in next 8 (8-9) ch. 1 hdc in each hdc to end of row. Turn--29 (32-37) hdc.
Work 11 (11-13) rows even on these 29 (32-37) hdc for right front.
Next row: (WS): Ch 2. 1 hdc in next 18 (19-22) hdc. Place a marker on last st. Turn. Leave rem sts unworked.
Cont even on last 18 (19-22) hdc until work from marker measures 6½ (7-8) ins [16.5 (18-20.5) cm], ending with a WS row. Fasten off.
With RS facing, miss 18 (18-19) hdc at center back. Join MC with sl st to next hdc. Ch 11 (11-12). 1 hdc in 3rd ch from hook. 1 hdc in next 8 (8-9) ch. 1 hdc in same sp as first sl st. 1 hdc in each hdc to end of row. 29 (32-37) hdc. Turn.
Work to correspond to right front, reversing all shapings.
Sew side and sleeve seams.
Hood: 1st row: (RS). Join MC with sl st at corner of right front neck edge. Ch 1. Work 38 (38-40) sc evenly across neck edge. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 2. *1 hdc in each of next 2 sc. 2 hdc in next sc. Rep from * to last 2 (2-4) sts. 1 hdc in each of last 2 (2-4) sts. 50 (50-52) hdc.
3rd row: Ch 2. 1 hdc in each st across. Turn. Rep last row until hood measures 7½ (8-8½) ins [19 (20.5-21.5) cm].
Fasten off. Sew top hood seam.
Outer edging: 1st rnd: (RS). Join A with sl st at lower edge of right side seam. Ch 1. Work sc evenly around outer edge of Jacket (including hood), working 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. Ch 3. *Miss next 2 sc. 1 sc in next sc. Ch 3. Rep from * around to last 2 sc. Miss last 2 sc. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
Sew on buttons evenly spaced using loops worked in final rnd of edging as button loops.
Sleeve edging: 1st rnd: (RS). Join A with sl st at sleeve seam and work sc evenly around sleeve edge. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. Working from left to right instead of right to left as usual, work 1 reverse sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- "14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers" eBook
- Baby Pullover Sweater
- "Baby Love" eBook from Red Heart Yarns
- How to Make a Crochet Baby Sweater: 6 Free Pattern Ideas
- 14 Adorable DIY Baby Booties To Knit And Crochet
- Fluffy Crocheted Cotton Candy Booties
- Collared Baby Cardigan
- One Piece Baby Sweater
- Lace Baby Jacket and Blanket
- Crochet Baby Shoes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern