Hushabye Simple Shell Afghan
By: Roseanna Beck
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The lovely Hushabye Simple Shell Afghan is another great crochet afghan project. Make this beautiful throw with pastel colors and make as a baby blanket. Roseanna Beck's instructions will help you create this special project.
- 140 yds. Light Blue Red Heart 4-ply yarn (B)
- 140 yds. Baby Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn (P)
- 140 yds. Pale Green Red Heart 4-ply yarn (G)
- 140 yds. Maize Red Heart 4-ply yarn (Y)
- 275 yds. White Red Heart 4-ply yarn (W)
- 56 yds. Hushabye (Multi) Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- G crochet or size needed for guage
8 dc = 2 ½ ”
4 rows = 3"
Size: 37” x 38”
Chain (ch), Single Crochet (sc), Double Crochet (dc), Slip Stitch (sl st)
Special Stitches: Shell – 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc
Small Shell (Sm Sh) – sc, ch 2, 2 dc
Row 1 – With blue ch 127, dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in each of next 6 dc, skip 2 ch, *Shell in
next ch, skip 2 ch, 1 dc in each of next 8 dc, rep from * across, ch 3 and turn.
Row 2 – Dc in each of next 7 dc, *Shell in Shell, dc in each of next 8 dc, rep from * across, ch 3
Row 3 – Rep Row 2.
Row 4 – Rep Row 2 and fasten off.
Row 5 – Join pink with a sl st in first dc, ch 2, dc in each of next 7 dc, *Shell in Shell, continue
with Row 2 across.
Rep Row 2 in color pattern for 48 rows:
4B, 2W, 4P, 2W, 4G, 2W, 4Y, 2W (2 times)
With hushabye work across top edge start at right edge, (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, sc) in first dc, skip 1 dc, Sm Sh in next dc, skip 2 dc, Sm Sh in next dc, skip 1 dc, Sm Sh in next dc, Sm Sh in ch 2 sp of Shell, * (skip 2 dc, Sm Sh in next dc) 3 times, Sm Sh in ch 2 sp of Shell, rep from * across ending (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, sc) in dc, work along side edge (sc, ch 3, sc) in each dc and ch 3 sp across
ending (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, sc) in bottom ch, work along bottom edge skip 1 ch, Sm Sh in next ch, skip 2 ch, Sm Sh in next ch, skip 2 ch, Sm Sh in next ch, Sm Sh in ch below Shell, *(skip 2 ch, Sm Sh in next ch) 3 times, Sm Sh in ch below Shell, rep from * across ending (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2,
sc) in last ch, work along side edge (sc, ch 3, sc) in each dc and ch 3 sp across, join to beg sc and
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 36 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Cupcake Afghan
- Foolproof Afghan
- 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns, Free Tutorials and More
- Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set
- Meadow Afghan Square Crochet Pattern
- Bumpy Baby Blanket
- Calypso Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Baby's First Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Baby Granny Three Ways
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern