Cuddleworthy Crochet Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Now beginners can learn how to crochet a baby blanket using their basic skills. This Cuddleworthy Baby Blanket requires you to create rows of chains. You only need a couple balls of yarn to complete this blanket, so it's great for thrifty crafters. Finish the blanket by create a border around the entire piece. This is a great baby shower gift idea - it's sure to become a keepsake for new mommies and their little ones.
- 4.5 mm hook
- For Blanket Base: Patons Astra (Light 3), 'High Energy' (Approx 2+ balls)
- For Blanket Border: Bernat Baby Jacquards (Light 3), 'Berries & Cream'
- Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread Fashion 3
Do your best to keep yarn ends to one side of blanket (The 'Wrong' side). This will keep one side (The 'Right' side) cleaner in appearance.
Approx 24 rows = 6 inches.
Approx. 30sts = 6 inches.
Starting with 'High Energy' Yarn.
Start by making a chain of 105 (Multiples of 6 + 3).
Sc in 2nd ch from hook. Sc in next st. *Ch 4, sk next 4 sts, sc in next 2 sts.* Repeat from * to * across. You should have 2 sc's in last 2 sts.
Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 2 sts. *Ch 4, sk next 4 ch's, sc in next 2 sc's of previous row.* Repeat from * to * across.
Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 2 sts. *Ch 4, sk next 4 ch's, sc in next 2 sc's of previous row.* Repeat from * to * across. Fasten Off.
Using Berries & Cream Yarn.
Ss (in corner st) to join new yarn. Ch 1. Evenly sc around, placing (sc, ch 1, sc) all in each corner st. Fasten Off.
Using Crochet thread 3, in pink
Ss to join in corner st of blanket border. Ch 2, (dc, ch 1, 2 dc) all in same corner ch sp. *Ch 1, sk next st, hdc in next st*. Repeat from * to * across, placing (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) all in ea corner ch sp.
Ss to join Ss to corner ch sp. (Ch 8, ss, ch 10, ss, ch 8, ss) all in corner, *Sc evenly around, placing (Ss, Ch 8, ss, ch 10, ss, ch 8, ss) in corners. Ss to join. Fasten Off.
Weave in ends.
For more adorable patterns, check out 15 Unique Baby Blankets to Crochet for Your Little One.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 36 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Cupcake Afghan
- Foolproof Afghan
- 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns, Free Tutorials and More
- Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set
- Meadow Afghan Square Crochet Pattern
- Bumpy Baby Blanket
- Calypso Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Baby's First Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Baby Granny Three Ways
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern