Hello Kitty Witch
By: Armina from Crafts by AP
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use this free crochet pattern to make a cute Hello Kitty Witch. She makes for a cute Halloween decoration. Lion Brand and Red Heart yarn is used.
- Lion Brand Pound of Love - White Red Heart Soft – Red
- Red Heart Super Saver – Black
- Caron Wintuk - Nutmeg Size US-F/3.75 mm Crochet Hook
- Pink Embroidery Floss Polyester Fiberfill 2 - 9mm Safety Eyes
- Black Pipe Cleaner Blunt darning needle
Doll measures 6” tall from base to tip of hat.
SC = Single Crochet
HDC = Half Double Crochet Ch = Chain Rnd(s) = Round(s) Beg = Beginning
Sts = Stitches 2tog = Crochet 2 stitches together (decrease) * = Repeat stitches from * to end of *
2nd = Second
- This pattern is worked in continuous rounds; do not join and do not turn. Use stitch marker to indicate beginning of rounds.
- Yarns listed is what I used – size may vary with other yarns.
- Gown is crocheted directly on the body.
Head: Ch 2 Rnd 1: Work 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook = 5 sc Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc = 10 sc Rnd 3: *Sc in first sc, 2 sc in 2nd sc*, repeat from * around = 15 sc Rnd 4: *Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 20 sc Rnd 5: *Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 25 sc Rnd 6: *Sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 30 sc Rnds 7-12: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 13: *Sc in next 4 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 25 sc Rnd 14: *Sc in next 3 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 20 sc Rnd 15: *Sc in next 2 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 15 sc Fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing. You will use this piece of yarn to sew the head on the body. Position and insert safety eyes. Stuff head firmly. Do not sew opening closed.
With Black Yarn, ch 2
Rnd 1. Work 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook = 5 sc
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc = 10 sc
Rnd 3: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 4: *Sc in first sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 15 sc
Rnd 5: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 6: *Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 20 sc
Rnd 7: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 8: *Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 25 sc
Rnd 9-11: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 12: Work 2 HDC in ea sc = 50 HDC
Rnd 13-14: Sc in ea HDC
Fasten off, leave a tail long enough to sew the hat on her head.
To shape tip of hat, gently push the end of your crochet hook to bring the tip to a point. Be careful not to poke a hole through the tip of the hat. Stuff tip of hat lightly. Thread needle with yarn, sew hat on head.
Using Red Yarn, ch 6
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 1, turn. Row 2-5: Sc across, ch 1, turn. Fasten off, leave long tail for sewing.
To Form Bow: 1. Weave in short piece of yarn (where ch was started) to center; 2. Weave in long tail to center; 3. Pinch center and wrap long tail around several time (4 or 5 times); 4. Thread through needle and secure by running under the wrapped part, bringing it out; secure firmly. Sew bow on hat.
Body: With White Yarn, Ch 2 Rnd 1: Work 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook = 5 sc Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each sc = 10 sc Rnd 3: *Sc in first sc, 2 sc in 2nd sc*, repeat from * around = 15 sc Rnd 4: *Sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 20 sc Rnd 5: *Sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat from * around = 25 sc Rnds 6-11: Sc in each sc around
Rnd 12: *Sc in next 3 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 20 sc Rnd 13: *Sc in next 2 sc, sc 2tog*, repeat from * around = 15 sc Fasten off, leave a tail long enough for sewing. Stuff body firmly. Sew opening closed (this will be the bottom). Flatten bottom so kitty can stand.
Gown: Rnd 1: With Black yarn, starting on top of body, insert crochet hook in sc and pull yarn through to form a loop, sl st to secure;
NOTE: You will crochet the first rnd directly on the body. Rnd 2: Continue inserting hook into each st on body and sc around.
Rnds 3-4: Work 2 sc in ea sc around.
NOTE: You will now be crocheting in rnd 1 – not on the body.
Rnd 5: *Sc in first sc, 2 sc in next sc,* repeat from * around
Rnd 6: Continue sc until gown reaches bottom of body base.
Rnd 7: On bottom of gown, make a scallop border - *HDC, DC, HDC in first sc, sl st in next sc*, repeat from * around. Fasten off. Weave in yarn.
Arms: (Make 2) Using White Yarn, Ch 2 Rnd 1: Work 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook = 5 sc
Rnd 2: Sc in each sc around
Join Black Yarn
Rnd 3-7: Sc in each around Fasten off, leave a tail long enough for sewing. Do not stuff.
For her little broomstick, use black pipe cleaner.
- Cut 3 pieces of black pipe cleaner 3” long.
- Twist the 3 pieces together and wrap one end to form the bottom of the broom. Now braid the 3 pieces of pipe cleaner, wrap top to secure. Do not trim. You will use one of the pieces to wrap around the yarn to complete her broom.
- For the top of her little broom, use nutmeg colored yarn.
- Cut 12 pieces of yarn 4” long. Cut another piece of yarn and tie in center, knot to secure.
- Place pipe cleaner near bottom of nutmeg yarn (wrap one extended piece of pipe cleaner around nutmeg yarn, trim pipe cleaner).
- Wrap the yarn you used to tie the knot around the base of the nutmeg yarn (creating a tassel) and secure. (To secure, thread through needle and run through bottom).
- Trim top of broom and any excess yarn.
- Cut a small piece of red yarn and tie a bow.
- Attach head to body.
- Attach arms, just below head.
- With nutmeg yarn, secure broom to hand and trim yarn.
- Using pink embroidery floss, sew nose.
- Tie a red bow with yarn around neck.
- Weave in all excess yarn.
Find this project and more in 9 Beginner Crochet Patterns for Halloween.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Accessories
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties