Shades of Pink Flowers Afghan
By: Roseanna Beck
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Here's a crochet afghan pattern you can follow to create a beautiful floral afghan. Roseanna Beck delivers a wonderful pattern to follow that will help you create a lovely Shades of Pink Flowers Afghan. The Shades of Pink Flowers Pillow (shown) pairs perfectly with this afghan.
- 1,050 yds. Eggshell Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 1,047 yds. Spring Green Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 200 yds. Maize Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 305 yds. Baby Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 305 yds. Pale Rose Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 305 yds. Petal Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 175 yds. #445 DMC (25) Embroidery Thread
- H, I and J crochet hooks or size needed for guage
- Tapestry Needle
Gauge: Flower Motif measures 5” across
Size: 54” x 56”
Stitch Guide: Chain (ch), Single Crochet (sc), Double Crochet (dc), Slip Stitch (sl st)
Flower Motif: (Make 33 each Baby Pink Motifs, Pale Rose Motifs and Petal Pink Motifs)
Inside of Flower:
With maize and H hook leave a 30” strand of yard (for behind petals), ch 2, work 8 sc in 2nd ch
from hook, join to beg sc and fasten off.
With petal color and I hook (sc, 3 dc) in each sc around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Using 30” strand of yarn (left behind flower petals) work in center of flower, *sc between 2 sc,
ch 3, cont. from * around evenly spacing 3 more ch 3 sps, join to beg sc and fasten off.
(4 ch 3 sps)
Rnd 1 – Join spring green with a sl st in any ch 3 sp, *(sc, ch 3, sc) in same sp, ch 3, cont. from *
around join to beg sc. (8 ch 3 sps)
Rnd 2 – Sl st into ch 3 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in same sp, *ch 3, sc in next ch 3 sp, ch 3, (2 dc,
ch 3, 2 dc) in next ch 3 sp, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 3.
Rnd 3 – Sl st into corner ch 3 sp, (sc, ch 3, sc) in same sp, *ch 3, sc in next ch 3 sp (2 times), ch 3,
(sc, ch 3, sc) in next ch 3 sp, rep from * around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 4 – Join eggshell with a sl st in any ch 3 corner sp, ch 2, (dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in same sp, *dc in
each sc and 2 dc in each ch 3 sps across, (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in next ch 3 corner sp, rep from
* around, join to top of beg ch 2 and fasten off.
When Flower Motif is complete make french knots in center of flower using DMC Embroidery
Joining Motifs to Form Strips: With eggshell whipstitch 11 motifs of same flower color to form a strip. Make 9 strips, 3 of each
Ending of Strips: (see diagram for strip numbers)
Rnd 1 – With matching flower color of strip and I hook, start at lower right corner of strip (mark
this as the bottom of afghan), (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch 3 sp, ch 1, skip 1 dc, sc in next dc, rep
across, ch 1, sc in ch 1 sp before joining, ch 1, sc in joining, ch 1, sc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1,
rep pattern as established around entire strip, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 2 – Strip 1 – With spring green and I hook working along right edge of strip, starting at
bottom of strip sc in ch 2 sp of lower corner, ch 1, sc in next sp, ch 1, rep across edge
ending ch 1, sc in top ch 2 corner and fasten off.
Strips 2-8 – Rep as for Strip 1 on both edges of strips but not across top or bottom.
Strip 9 – Rep as for Strip 1 but on left edge only.
Joining of Strips: (see diagram for placement)
With spring green whipstitch strips together joining only scs together.
Rnd 1 – With spring green and I hook starting at lower left ch 2 corner (sc, ch 1, sc) in ch 2 sp, ch
1, sc in next ch 1 sp, rep across, ch 1, sc in joining of strips, ch 1, rep pattern across to
next ch 2 corner, ch 1, (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner sp, working along long edge, ch 1, sc in ch 1 sp, ch 1, rep across to ch 2 corner sp, ch 1 (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner sp, rep this pattern
around entire afghan ending ch 1, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 2 – With eggshell and J hook starting at lower left ch 1 corner, work (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, sc) in
corner sp, skip 1 sc and 1 ch, work *(sc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next sc, skip 1 ch, 1 sc and 1 ch, rep
from * until next ch 1 corner, (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, sc) in corner sp, cont. pattern around entire
afghan, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Weekend-Wonder Giant Granny Square Throw
- Updated Amish Bars Throw
- Bold and Beautiful Catherines Wheel Crochet Throw
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Mermaid Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Zig Zag Crochet Afghan
- Juicy Fruit Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Bavarian Rainbow Afghan
- Chevron Flare Crochet Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lacy Purple Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Printable Quote Coloring Sheet
- Imp Hair Hat
- V-Stitch Hats For All
- Celtic Passion Beanie
- Bright and Colorful Loom Knit Hat
- Super Bulky Oversized Messy Bun Hat
- Seashore Messy Bun Hat
- Heart Quartet Mandala Coloring Page
- Short n Sassy Messy Bun Hat