Shades of Pink Flowers Afghan
By: Roseanna Beck
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Here's a crochet afghan pattern you can follow to create a beautiful floral afghan. Roseanna Beck delivers a wonderful pattern to follow that will help you create a lovely Shades of Pink Flowers Afghan. The Shades of Pink Flowers Pillow (shown) pairs perfectly with this afghan.
- 1,050 yds. Eggshell Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 1,047 yds. Spring Green Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 200 yds. Maize Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 305 yds. Baby Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 305 yds. Pale Rose Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 305 yds. Petal Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 175 yds. #445 DMC (25) Embroidery Thread
- H, I and J crochet hooks or size needed for guage
- Tapestry Needle
Gauge: Flower Motif measures 5” across
Size: 54” x 56”
Stitch Guide: Chain (ch), Single Crochet (sc), Double Crochet (dc), Slip Stitch (sl st)
Flower Motif: (Make 33 each Baby Pink Motifs, Pale Rose Motifs and Petal Pink Motifs)
Inside of Flower:
With maize and H hook leave a 30” strand of yard (for behind petals), ch 2, work 8 sc in 2nd ch
from hook, join to beg sc and fasten off.
With petal color and I hook (sc, 3 dc) in each sc around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Using 30” strand of yarn (left behind flower petals) work in center of flower, *sc between 2 sc,
ch 3, cont. from * around evenly spacing 3 more ch 3 sps, join to beg sc and fasten off.
(4 ch 3 sps)
Rnd 1 – Join spring green with a sl st in any ch 3 sp, *(sc, ch 3, sc) in same sp, ch 3, cont. from *
around join to beg sc. (8 ch 3 sps)
Rnd 2 – Sl st into ch 3 sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in same sp, *ch 3, sc in next ch 3 sp, ch 3, (2 dc,
ch 3, 2 dc) in next ch 3 sp, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 3.
Rnd 3 – Sl st into corner ch 3 sp, (sc, ch 3, sc) in same sp, *ch 3, sc in next ch 3 sp (2 times), ch 3,
(sc, ch 3, sc) in next ch 3 sp, rep from * around, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 4 – Join eggshell with a sl st in any ch 3 corner sp, ch 2, (dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in same sp, *dc in
each sc and 2 dc in each ch 3 sps across, (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in next ch 3 corner sp, rep from
* around, join to top of beg ch 2 and fasten off.
When Flower Motif is complete make french knots in center of flower using DMC Embroidery
Joining Motifs to Form Strips: With eggshell whipstitch 11 motifs of same flower color to form a strip. Make 9 strips, 3 of each
Ending of Strips: (see diagram for strip numbers)
Rnd 1 – With matching flower color of strip and I hook, start at lower right corner of strip (mark
this as the bottom of afghan), (sc, ch 2, sc) in ch 3 sp, ch 1, skip 1 dc, sc in next dc, rep
across, ch 1, sc in ch 1 sp before joining, ch 1, sc in joining, ch 1, sc in next ch 1 sp, ch 1,
rep pattern as established around entire strip, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 2 – Strip 1 – With spring green and I hook working along right edge of strip, starting at
bottom of strip sc in ch 2 sp of lower corner, ch 1, sc in next sp, ch 1, rep across edge
ending ch 1, sc in top ch 2 corner and fasten off.
Strips 2-8 – Rep as for Strip 1 on both edges of strips but not across top or bottom.
Strip 9 – Rep as for Strip 1 but on left edge only.
Joining of Strips: (see diagram for placement)
With spring green whipstitch strips together joining only scs together.
Rnd 1 – With spring green and I hook starting at lower left ch 2 corner (sc, ch 1, sc) in ch 2 sp, ch
1, sc in next ch 1 sp, rep across, ch 1, sc in joining of strips, ch 1, rep pattern across to
next ch 2 corner, ch 1, (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner sp, working along long edge, ch 1, sc in ch 1 sp, ch 1, rep across to ch 2 corner sp, ch 1 (sc, ch 1, sc) in corner sp, rep this pattern
around entire afghan ending ch 1, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Rnd 2 – With eggshell and J hook starting at lower left ch 1 corner, work (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, sc) in
corner sp, skip 1 sc and 1 ch, work *(sc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next sc, skip 1 ch, 1 sc and 1 ch, rep
from * until next ch 1 corner, (sc, ch 2, 2 dc, sc) in corner sp, cont. pattern around entire
afghan, join to beg sc and fasten off.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Butterfly Wings Free Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Andante Crochet Throw
- Crochet Butterfly Square
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Easy Crochet Diamonds Throw
- Bavarian Rainbow Afghan
- 36 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Crochet Corner-to-Corner Throw Pattern from Red Heart Yarn
- Cupcake Afghan
- Soft Bobble Afghan
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Glow in the Dark Table Tutorial
- Convertible Cowl Knitting Pattern
- Painted Apple Mason Jar Craft
- Cotton Candy Baby Hat Crochet Pattern
- After School Snack Painted Wooden Caddy
- Mouse Baby Hat Crochet Pattern
- Snowman Hat Crochet Pattern
- Pumpkin Baby Hat Crochet Pattern
- Back To School Homemade Tote Bag
- Wavy Square Crochet Pattern