The pastel pebbles blanket features a pretty pebbled look with ribbon trim, perfect for a newborn baby. Try Jennifer Cirka's free afghan pattern and crochet one yourself.
- Caron, Simply Soft Eco, 80% Acrylic/20% NatureSpun Post-Consumer Recycled Polyester, 5oz/249 yards per skein, 4 skeins required, color – Lilac Bud
- I-9 / 5.5 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- 12 feet, 3/8” ribbon
In pattern: 9 sts x 7 rows = 4”
Hdc2tog: yo, insert hook into designated st, pull up a loop. Yo, insert hook in next st and pull up a loop. Yo and pull through all 5 looks on hook.
- Row 1: Ch 92; Hdc2tog over the 3rd and 4th ch from the hook. *hdc2tog over the 2nd ch of the previous hdc2tog and the next ch. Repeat from * across. Hdc in same st as 2nd st of the last hdc2tog. (89 hdc2tog, 1hdc)
- Row 2: ch2, turn. Hdc2tog over the first two sts. *hdc2tog over the 2nd st of the previous hdc2tog and the next st. Repeat from * across. Hdc in same st as 2nd st of the last hdc2tog. (89 hdc2tog, 1hdc)
- Row 3-52: repeat row 2. Do not finish off.
- Round 1: ch1, turn. Sc evenly around edge of blanket, placing 3 sc in each corner. Join with a sl st to first sc.
- Round 2: ch2, hdc in next st. *ch1, sk next st, hdc in next 2 sts. Repeat from * to corner, ending with second hdc of pair in corner st. (ch1, hdc, ch1)** hdc in same corner st. hdc in next st. Repeat from * to ** 4 times. Join with a sl st to second ch of beg ch-2.
- Round 3: sl st to the first ch-1 sp. Ch1, *(sc, ch2, 3dc) in same sp. Repeat from * around. Join with a sl st to first sc. Finish off and weave in ends.
Weave ribbon along border round 2. Tie in a pretty bow at corner or sew ends together.