Neutral Crochet Afghan
This free crochet pattern uses gorgeous neutral colored yarn and leaf detailing. The neutral crochet afghan is a lovely decoration for any home.
- Sizes J crochet hook or size to reach gauge below.
- Caron International's Wintuk 6 skeins Off White (Color A), 6 skeins, Oatmeal (Color B), 6 skeins Nutmeg (Color C).
PLEASE NOTE: Yarn usage may vary depending on your particular yarn techniques.
GAUGE: 3 sc = 1" , 4 rows = 1".
AFGHAN CONSISTS OF 3 PANELS.
IMPORTANT: LEAF STRIPES ARE WORKED ALONG EDGE OF COMPLETED
Block Strip: With B, ch 25.
SEED STITCH PATTERN
- Row 1: Sl st in 3rd ch from hook, * hdc in next ch, sl st in next ch, rep from *, end, sl st in turning ch. Ch 2, turn.
- Row 2: Sk first sl st, * sl st in next hdc, hdc in next st; rep from *, end, sl st in top of ch. 24 sts. Ch 2, turn.
- Rows 3 – 6: Rep Row 2. Drop B, join C.
- Rows 7 – 8: Work evenly in sc. Drop C, join A.
- Rows 9 – 19: Work evenly in sc.
- Rows 20, 26: Sc over next 10 sc, MB (yo, pull up a loop, 4 times, yo and draw through all loops on hook, Bubble made), sc over next 2 sc, MB, sc to end of row. Rows 21, 23, 25: Work evenly in sc.
- Rows 22, 24: 9 sc, MB, 4 sc, MB, 9 sc.
- Rows 27 – 36: Work evenly in sc. Drop A, join C.
- Rows 37 – 38: Work evenly in sc. Drop C, join B.
- Rows 39 – 44: Work in Seed Stitch. Rep rows 7 – 44, 5 more times for block pattern.
- With C, starting in lower right edge of block strip, sc across panel, 234 sts, ch 1, turn.
- Row 2: Work evenly in sc. Drop C, join B.
- Rows 3 – 8: Work Seed Stitch. Drop B, join C.
- Rows 9 – 10: Work evenly in sc. Drop C, join A.
- Rows 11 – 12: Work evenly in sc. Drop A, join C.
- Row 13: Sc in first 4 sc, TRCL around post of 2nd sc, 3 rows below, TRCL (* yo 2 times, pull up a loop, yo and through 2 loops, twice * rep bet *'s 2 more times, yo and through all loops on hook, Treble Cluster made), * sk 1 sc, sc in next 3 sc, sk next 3 sc 3 rows below, TRCL around post of next sc; rep from *, end sc in last st. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 14: Work evenly in sc. Drop C, join A.
- Rows 15 – 16: Work evenly in sc. Drop A, join C.
- Row 17: Sc in first sc, TRCL around post of 5th sc 3 rows below, * sk 1 sc, sc in next 3 sc, sk 3 sc 3 rows below, TRCL around post of next sc, rep from * across, end, sc in last 4 sc. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 18: Work evenly in sc. Drop C, join B.
- Rows 19 – 24: Work in Seed Stitch. With C, work 2 rows sc on opposite side of Block Strip. Construct 2 more panels in this manner. (2 strips per panel, 1 worked horizontally, 1 worked vertically). Sew Seed Stitch edge of first panel to sc edge of 2nd panel. On opposite side of 3rd Block Strip, work outside Leaf Strip, substituting Row 17 for Row 13, and Row 13 for Row 17, changing direction of leaf. Sew Seed Stitch edge to sc edge of constructed piece. With C, work 2 rows sc around entire afghan, having 3 sc in each corner. Work 1 row in back sc, 1 sc in each st at corner.
MACHINE WASH and DRY INSTRUCTIONS
Machine wash warm water, gentle cycle. Machine Dry, low heat, delicate cycle.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts