Crochet Corner-to-Corner Throw Pattern from Red Heart Yarn
By: Catherine Watson
If you're in a rut with crochet patterns and are looking for new free and easy crochet patterns, check out this Crochet Corner-to-Corner Throw Pattern from Red Heart Yarn. This makes a great free crochet afghan pattern for the intermediate crocheter.
- RED HEART® "Super Saver®": 4 Skeins 316 Soft White CA, 5 skeins 885 Delft Blue CB, 7 skeins 310 Monet Print CC.
- Crochet Hook: 5mm [US H-8]. Yarn needle.
Size:Throw measures approximately 67" x 67" square (including edging).
GAUGE: 6 blocks = 4"; 6 rows = 4" in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
To change color in dc: Work last dc before color change
until 2 loops are left on hook, drop color in use, with
next color to be used draw through 2 loops on hook and
continue with new color.
- With CA, ch 6.
- Row 1 (Right Side): Dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch; turn – 1 block made.
- Row 2: Ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, (slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in ch-3 space of previous row changing to CB in last dc; turn – 2 blocks made.
- Row 3: With CB, ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, [(slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row] twice; turn – 3 blocks made.
- Row 4: Ch 6, dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 2 ch, [(slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row] 3 times; turn – 4 blocks made.
- Continue in in this manner, increasing 1 block on each row until there are 96 blocks across AND working Stripe pattern as follows: 2 more rows CB, 2 rows CA, [7 rows CC, 2 rows CA, 2 rows CB, 2 rows CA, 7 rows CC, 2 rows CA, 4 rows CB, 2 rows CA] 3 times, 4 rows CC.
- Now work in decreasing rows as follows:
- Row 97: With CC, slip st across first 3 dc, * (slip st, ch 3, 3 dc) all in next ch-3 space of previous row; repeat from * to last ch-3 space; slip st in last space; turn, do NOT make a block in last space – 95 blocks.
- Repeat Row 97 for decreasing block pattern and work 2 more rows with CC, [2 rows CA, 2 rows CB, 2 rows CA, 7 rows CC, 2 rows, CA, 4 rows CB, 2 rows CA, 7 rows CC] 3 times, 2 rows CA, 2 rows CB, 2 rows CA, 2 rows CC –1 block remains. Fasten off.
- Edging: With right side facing, attach CA in same ch-3 space as last slip st; ch 3, 4 dc in same space, * sc in center dc of next block, 3 dc in next ch-3 space or over dc; ch 3, slip st in top of last dc –picot made; 2 dc in same space, sc in center dc of next block, 5 dc in next space; repeat from * to corner; (4 dc, picot, 3 dc) all in corner space; repeat from * around, adjusting if necessary at corners and end of rnd; join with a slip st in top of ch-3.
- Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts