36 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns
By: Kirsten Kwon, editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
As the colder months quickly approach, it's time to start planning how to stay warm. Why not use your creativity and love for crafts to create a crochet afghan? We've collected some of our favorite crochet afghan patterns to get you started.
If you're looking for afghans to crochet that will add some color to your home, try creating one like the beautiful Colorful Windchime Afghan. If the granny square style is more fitting to your personality, we also have wonderful easy crochet afghans, like the Beginner Granny Afghan, perfect for anyone learning how to crochet.
Try one or all of the free crochet patterns below to find an afghan you'll love.
Find more afghan patterns in 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners. In this collection you will find crochet baby blankets, easy crochet blanket patterns, free afghan tutorials, and more!
36 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns
Table of Contents
Learn how to crochet afghans you will love with these precious pops of color.
- Afghan Circles in Rectangles: Using a variety of colors and great talent you can create this beautiful warm afghan. It's great for lounging and you'll be proud that you made it yourself.
- Brightly Colored Throw: Wrap up in a brightly colored crochet throw from Caron Yarn. You'll love all the bright colors that are incorporated in this free crochet pattern. Each square reminds me of a different flower.
- Retro Ripple Crochet Afghan Pattern: This unique pattern is inspired by the '60s and '70s and includes bold colors and colorful fringe. What more could you want? You'll love this!
- Brightly Colored Tunisian Throw: Blues, greens and oranges make this afghan a brightly colored assortment. Use this free crochet afghan pattern to give your home style. It's a great throw that will keep you nice and warm during the chilly months.
- Colorful Windchime Afghan: If you're looking for something to really brighten up your room then this is the perfect crochet pattern for you. Make a windchime afghan pattern. Stripes and lace combine to make this afghan perfect.
- Flower Squares Afghan: This intermediate flower afghan crochet pattern features 35 flower motifs with fun popcorn stitches. Creating each of these flower squares in four different colors is challenging and fun.
- 4-Points Star Crochet Blanket: This starstruck pattern is perfect for your little one's bedroom. He/she will love the bright colors! So cute!
- Round Motif Afghan: This free crochet pattern is brilliant with its bright colors and patterns. The round motif afghan would look great in any room. This makes for a nice personalized gift as well.
- Crayon Colored Afghan: What's better than an easy to crochet afghan? One that's crayon colored! This crayon colored afghan will make any child's room cheery and cozy with its colorful, crocheted blocks.
- Rainbow Sampler Crochet Blanket Pattern: This sampler is the perfect way to try out some new stitches. There's no wrong way to put it together! Great for beginners
- Basket Weave Afghan: Made in bright shades of red and pink, this easy crochet afghan pattern will brighten up any room in your home. This is a great pattern for beginners or those who don't have much experience with crochet.
- Rainbow Chevron Afghan: Made to look like a quilt, this afghan is not short on color. Use it to decorate your living room or bedroom...and it also makes a wonderful yarn stash buster!
Looking for patterns to save for later? Download our free blanket and afghan patterns eBook, We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws.
Give the gift of color and cuddles with these crochet afghan patterns that make fantasticsurprises for friends and families.
- Manly Man Throw: Use this free crochet pattern to make the manly man throw. He'll love to wrap up in it. It's an easy crochet pattern that uses Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Camouflage colors are just what a man loves.
- Over the Rainbow Afghan: Make this gorgeous crochet pattern to give to your niece for her new baby. You can customize the colors to make it work for a boy or a girl. Makes a great baby shower gift!
- Easy Afghan for Him: Red, black and cream make this the perfect afghan for a man. Use a free crochet afghan pattern like this one to make for your significant other, he'll love to cuddle up in it.
- Snuggle Afghan: Everyone will love to snuggle with this crochet afghan. Use this free crochet pattern for an intermediate level project that makes a great gift for dad.
- Crocheted Monkey Blanket: This project will teach you how to crochet a blanket to match your soft plush monkey. The colorful crocheted monkey blanket is the perfect addition to a child's room.
- Kids Flower Throw: Your kids will love this colorful flower throw. Not only will it spruce up the room, but this free crochet pattern is the perfect challenge for the intermediate crocheter.
- Pastel Baby Afghan: Roseanna Beck brings you another one of her free and easy crochet patterns to make a beautiful baby afghan. This pattern uses a shell and v stitch.
- Pillow and Throw for Teen: This is the perfect crochet pattern for that tween in your life. The size will fit her just great and the bright pink color will add pizazz to her life.
- Christmas Granny Squares Afghan and Pillow Set: A Christmas granny squares afghan and pillow set is the perfect way to decorate your home for Christmas. This crochet afghan pattern uses octagonal granny "squares" in red and green for a festive way to keep warm this winter.
- Christmas Noel Afghan: Small and large granny squares come together in this fun Christmas afghan crochet pattern. The holiday yarn colors in this Noel afghan are festive yet refined, perfect for any decor. Find more crochet patterns at Red Heart Yarn.
- Lily's Garden Striped Granny Afghan: This easy crochet afghan is quick to make and can use any colored yarn. It makes a great gift for anyone special in your life! Bold and bright
- Christmas Tree Afghan: Bright green Christmas trees dance across a red background in this Christmas afghan crochet pattern. This intermediate afghan crochet pattern includes some special stitches and a stitch chart.
- Afghan with Sleeves: This is a great pattern for anyone to have! Keep your arms nice and warm while remining mobile enough to read, draw, or crochet more afghans! This makes a great gift for anyone on your list.
- Yo Yo Afghan: This colorful and fun afghan would make a wonderful gift for anyone on your list. Great for mixing and matching colors, this afghan will provide year-round warmth.
These granny square patterns are the perfect free crochet patterns to use with your favorite hues.
- Beginner Granny Afghan: Use this free crochet afghan pattern to make a beautiful versatile granny afghan. The colorful flowers make a really nice design. Follow the diagram to get a granny just as good as this one.
- Granny Square Crochet Afghan: Granny squares are fun crochet projects to help you practice crocheting in the round. Join granny squares to create a colorful throw in this crochet afghan pattern. Granny squares are much easier than they look!
- Crochet Granny Afghan: Use this free crochet afghan pattern for a warm night next to the fire. Super Saver yarn makes it nice and warm. This pattern calls for a J hook.
- Earth Tone Granny Square Afghan and Pillow: Using this free crochet pattern you can create a rustic earth-toned look to your room. This is an easy crochet pattern to follow that you will love having in your home.
- Granny's Crochet Afghan: Try this free afghan pattern to crochet an afghan just like granny used to. Granny's crochet afghan is a beautiful project to make for your home or as a gift for granny!
- Early Bird Afghan: This adorable throw is perfect for your new grandchild! Customize the colors to make it your own. Your grandbaby needs this
- Autumn Granny Afghan: This easy granny square afghan uses bold fall colors to bring the warmth of family and Thanksgiving into your living room.
- Christmas Granny Squares Afghan: The bright colors of Christmas come together to create this beautiful crochet afghan pattern. With a matching pillow included, this easy crochet pattern is a must for the holiday season.
- Painted Desert Sunset Afghan: This lovely afghan is made up of a rainbow of colors! Add style to any room in your home with this bright and festive afghan!
- Millionaire's Afghan: All your yarn scraps can come together to create this amazing Millionaire's Afghan. With a wide variety of colors and stitches, this afghan is textured and fun.
If you are still new to crochet and want some easy projects to start with, check out these 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- Glass Jar Mod Podge Makeover
- Crochet Shell N Chains Scarf
- USA Mason Jar Knit Cozy
- Patriotic Mason Jar Crochet Cozy
- Mouse Hole Wall Decor
- Lacy Star Crochet Stitch
- Delicate Shells Crochet Stitch
- Charging Station Recycled Craft
- Double Seed Stitch Coffee Cozy