30 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns
By: Kirsten Kwon, editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
As the colder months quickly approach, it's time to start planning for how to stay warm. Why not use your creativity and love for crafts to create a crochet afghan? We've collected some of our favorite crochet afghan patterns to get you started.
If you're looking for afghans to crochet that will add some color to your home, try creating one like the beautiful Colorful Windchime Afghan. Crochet afghans also make for great gifts, so for birthdays or the holidays follow these patterns and make a throw everyone will love, like the Snuggle Afghan. If the granny square style is more fitting to your personality, we also have wonderful easy crochet afghans, like the Beginner Granny Afghan, perfect for anyone learning how to crochet.
No matter what kind of crochet afghan you're looking for, try one or all of these free patterns and you'll love your new, warm crochet afghan.
30 Colorful Crochet Afghan Patterns Table of Contents
- Afghan Circles in Rectangles: Using a variety of colors and great talent you can create this beautiful warm afghan. It's great for lounging and you'll be proud that you made it yourself.
- Brightly Colored Throw: Wrap up in a brightly colored crochet throw from Caron Yarn. You'll love all the bright colors that are incorporated in this free crochet pattern. Each square reminds me of a different flower.
- Brightly Colored Tunisian Throw: Blues, greens and oranges make this afghan a brightly colored assortment. Use this free crochet afghan pattern to give your home style. It's a great throw that will keep you nice and warm during the chilly months.
- Colorful Windchime Afghan: If you're looking for something to really brighten up your room then this is the perfect crochet pattern for you. Make a windchime afghan pattern. Stripes and lace combine to make this afghan perfect.
- Flower Sqaures Afghan: This intermediate flower afghan crochet pattern features 35 flower motifs with fun popcorn stitches. Creating each of these flower squares in four different colors is challenging and fun.
- Round Motif Afghan: This free crochet pattern is brilliant with its bright colors and patterns. The round motif afghan would look great in any room. This makes for a nice personalized gift as well.
- Crayon Colored Afghan: What's better than an easy to crochet afghan? One that's crayon colored! This crayon colored afghan will make any child's room cheery and cozy with its colorful, crocheted blocks.
- Basket Weave Afghan: Made in bright shades of red and pink, this easy crochet afghan pattern will brighten up any room in your home. This is a great pattern for beginners or those who don't have much experience with crochet.
- NEW! Rainbow Chevron Afghan: Made to look like a quilt, this afghan is not short on color. Use it to decorate your living room or bedroom...and it also makes a wonderful yarn stash buster!
- Manly Man Throw: Use this free crochet pattern to make the manly man throw. He'll love to wrap up in it. It's an easy crochet pattern that uses Red Heart Super Saver yarn. Camouflage colors are just what a man loves.
- Easy Afghan for Him: Red, black and cream make this the perfect afghan for a man. Use a free crochet afghan pattern like this one to make for your significant other, he'll love to cuddle up in it.
- Snuggle Afghan: Everyone will love to snuggle with this crochet afghan. Use this free crochet pattern for an intermediate level project that makes a great gift for dad.
- Crocheted Monkey Blanket: This project will teach you how to crochet a blanket to match your soft plush monkey. The colorful crocheted monkey blanket is the perfect addition to a child's room.
- Kids Flower Throw: Your kids will love this colorful flower throw. Not only will it spruce up the room, but this free crochet pattern is the perfect challenge for the intermediate crocheter.
- Pastel Baby Afghan: Roseanna Beck brings you another one of her free and easy crochet patterns to make a beautiful baby afghan. This pattern uses a shell and v stitch.
- Pillow and Throw for Teen: This is the perfect crochet pattern for that tween in your life. The size will fit her just great and the bright pink color will add pizazz to her life.
- Christmas Granny Squares Afghan and Pillow Set: A Christmas granny squares afghan and pillow set is the perfect way to decorate your home for Christmas. This crochet afghan pattern uses octagonal granny "squares" in red and green for a festive way to keep warm this winter.
- Christmas Noel Afghan: Small and large granny squares come together in this fun Christmas afghan crochet pattern. The holiday yarn colors in this Noel afghan are festive yet refined, perfect for any decor. Find more crochet patterns at Red Heart Yarn.
- Christmas Tree Afghan: Bright green Christmas trees dance across a red background in this Christmas afghan crochet pattern. This intermediate afghan crochet pattern includes some special stitches and a stitch chart.
- Afghan with Sleeves: This is a great pattern for anyone to have! Keep your arms nice and warm while remining mobile enough to read, draw, or crochet more afghans! This makes a great gift for anyone on your list.
- NEW! Yo Yo Afghan: This colorful and fun afghan would make a wonderful gift for anyone on your list. Great for mixing and matching colors, this afghan will provide year-round warmth.
- Beginner Granny Afghan: Use this free crochet afghan pattern to make a beautiful versatile granny afghan. The colorful flowers make a really nice design. Follow the diagram to get a granny just as good as this one.
- Granny Square Crochet Afghan: Granny squares are fun crochet projects to help you practice crocheting in the round. Join granny squares to create a colorful throw in this crochet afghan pattern. Granny squares are much easier than they look!
- Crochet Granny Afghan: Use this free crochet afghan pattern for a warm night next to the fire. Super Saver yarn makes it nice and warm. This pattern calls for a J hook.
- Earth Tone Granny Square Afghan and Pillow: Using this free crochet pattern you can create a rustic earth-toned look to your room. This is an easy crochet pattern to follow that you will love having in your home.
- Granny's Crochet Afghan: Try this free afghan pattern to crochet an afghan just like granny used to. Granny's crochet afghan is a beautiful project to make for your home or as a gift for granny!
- Autumn Granny Afghan: This easy granny square afghan uses bold fall colors to bring the warmth of family and Thanksgiving into your living room.
- Christmas Granny Squares Afghan: The bright colors of Christmas come together to create this beautiful crochet afghan pattern. With a matching pillow included, this easy crochet pattern is a must for the holiday season.
- NEW! Painted Desert Sunset Afghan: This lovely afghan is made up of a rainbow of colors! Add style to any room in your home with this bright and festive afghan!
- NEW! Millionaire's Afghan: All your yarn scraps can come together to create this amazing Millionaire's Afghan. With a wide variety of colors and stitches, this afghan is textured and fun.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 15 Spring Craft Ideas For Everyone
- Chevron Shape Tape
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers