Tropical Beach Tote
By: Designed and Decorated by Frances Lopez for ilovetocreate.com
Tote your beach supplies in style with this tie-dyed bag from I Love to Create! The perfect accessory for a tropical getaway.
- Aleene's® No-Sew Fabric Glue
- Rainbow Rock® Tie-Dye Kits
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint
- 65422 Cotton Candy Sparkles
- Canvas tote bag
- Rubber bands, several
- Paper towels
- Cotton Fabric - neutral color, 12” x 12”
- Plastic sheet
- Water bucket
- Prepare work surface. Lay plastic sheet over surface then cover with two layers of paper towels.
- Create bucket of soda ash solution as directed in instructions.
- Place several rubber bands around the center of a canvas tote bag.
- Soak 12” x 12” cotton fabric and tote in soda ask solution as directed in instructions.
- Wring out excess soda ash from tote bag and fabric piece and place onto prepared work surface.
- Wearing enclosed gloves, fill enclosed bottles with warm water then shake well to mix.
- Decorate tote by squeezing red on the top area of the tote and orange on the bottom half of tote.
- To create the polka dotted look on fabric, use the same dye bottles, but splatter the dye onto the fabric.
- Wrap tote and fabric separately in plastic. Let dye set for about 4-6 hours and remove rubber bands.
- Rinse dye from tote and fabric until water is clear. Wash and dry.
- Cut letters (BEACH) with scissors and place over polka dotted tie died fabric.
- Place and glue letters onto tote using Aleene’s® No Sew Fabric Glue.
- Outline edges of letters with Tulip ® Sparkles™ - Cotton Candy. Let dry.