Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from FaveCrafts.com posted directly to your News Feed.
Fun Felt CD Holders
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Wrap your CDs in fun felt gift wraps! A little glue and fabric and you’ve created a way to protect and carry your CD’s.
Designed and decorated by Cheryl Ball
1. Measure and cut a 2-3/4”-wide strip from long side of a felt piece.
2. Cut ½” from one end of the thin strip.
3. To create inside pockets, lay larger felt piece, right side down, on work surface. Apply a bead of Fast Grab Tacky Glue to wrong side of thin strip down the center, then along bottom edge and along both ends. Pick up ends of thin strip with fingers, then position right side up along bottom of larger piece, centering in area. There will about a ¼” gap on each side. Press in place to adhere.
4. To create ribbon ties, cut ribbon into two 10” lengths. Apply glue up about ½” on one end of ribbon. Carefully lift up the upper corner of the thin felt strip, insert ribbon and then press back in place. Repeat on other side with other ribbon.
5. To decorate outside of cover, add detail and jewels with Diamond Glitter Dimensional Paint. Start flow of paint on a paper towel, using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Keep paint tip as clean as possible. Add a dot of paint the size of a gemstone on felt. Press crayon on gem, then place gem in paint (the crayon will hold gem just long enough to allow gem to be positioned). Gently press in place so paint comes up around edge of gem. Let dry. Repeat for each gem.
6. Refer to photo for other design ideas. To complete gift, insert CDs into pocket, close and tie a bow to hold closed.
Use crayon to set gems in paint.
Related Products to Buy from CutRateCrafts.com - save 15-30%
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Top Crafting with Kids Projects