Follow Us on Facebook
Get updates from FaveCrafts.com posted directly to your News Feed.
Bug Door Hanger
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A cute painted door hanger with summer bugs and flowers welcomes guests into your home. Try your hand at simple painting with this wood door hanger.
1. Squeeze acrylic paint colors onto foil.
2. Using medium round brush, paint door hanger with a mixture of pearl white and blue. Paint blue swirls over white and blue mixture. Let dry.
3. To create the ladybug: Paint a large wood circle red and small wood circle black. Paint a black line down the center of large circle. Make small black dots on large red circle and glue small circle onto large circle. Glue at an angle toward the top of hanger.
4. To create the dragonfly wings: Paint large wood teardrop shapes with pearl white and blue. Paint the outer edge of wings and detail on wings with blue. For the body, paint six small wood circles blue. Make yellow dots on five of the blue circles, leaving the head solid blue. Glue onto door hanger.
5. To create the bee: Paint large wood circles yellow. Add three black stripes over the yellow. Paint a small wood circle white and add a black dot. For the head and eye, paint a medium wood circle black; glue the small circle over the medium circle.
6. For the wings: Paint large and small wood teardrop shapes with white pearl. Paint thin black lines to detail the wings. Glue onto hanger. Seal with matte sealer.
7. Glue small daisy buttons on door hanger using random placement.
Related Products to Buy from CutRateCrafts.com - save 15-30%
Top Crafting with Kids Projects